This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll huff and I'll puff and ... I'll pout a little too

SC - Sucky Customer (a/k/a Mr. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth)(and perhaps some clothes that don't look as though I'd slept in them)
    SCFF - Sucky Customer's Female Friend (actual relationship hard to determine)
    OC - Older clerk
    NC - New clerk
    Me - just here for a tea and chocolate chip muffin, folks

I stopped in at a They're Everywhere! donut and coffee shop for a quick bite. It wasn't terribly busy but it did seem to be a little bit at sixes and sevens ... nothing serious, though. And I let two people go ahead of me anyway because I was in no hurry and couldn't decide what I wanted.

Meanwhile, SC is leaning against the end of the counter, whence was supposed to cometh his coffee (or whatever). I was being served by the OC.

Then he starts ...

SC: "Am I going to get my drink?"

OC (still trying to get my order): "Sorry, sir?"

SC: "Am I going to get my order? I gave you my money and what, now you won't give me my order?"

OC: "Just a moment, sir, I'll be right with you."

SC: "I want my order! I gave you my money!"

OC: (gives up and steps over to him): "What's the problem, sir?"

SC: (repeats refrain)

OC: (comes back and checks the computer ... calls over NC, who to me looks too young to even be working, LOL) "[Name], what happened to this man's order?"

NC: (getting badly flustered): "I'm sorry, sir, what was your order again?"

SC: (getting ever more snotty; heaves big put-upon sigh) "Look, just forget it, OK? Just give me my money back! Give me my money back and I'll go to a [They're Everywhere!] shop that has some service!"

SCFF: "Yeah, just get your money back!"

OC: "I'm sorry, sir, he's new; he's just started here."

NC: *mumbles pretty much the same thing; quite badly flustered by now*

SC: *indulges in another sigh; says nothing but makes it clear by his attitude he's doing them a favour by waiting*

NC and OC start to get order together; SCFF is still muttering, "Just get your money back!"

They get his bloody coffee and whatever and he and his princess left. Presumably to go make some decisions that would decide the fate of all mankind, given their attitudes. Despite the fact they both looked as though they could use some new clothes for Christmas that didn't look slept-in.

OC (comes back to me): "I'm so sorry for the delay. You wanted a tea and ... ?"

Me: "A chocolate chip muffin. No problem. But you know, it's gotta be tough being them -- perfect, never made a mistake in their entire combined lives ..."

OC:

I can't stand those people who heave huge sighs instead of being a big boy/girl and using their big boy/girl words.

I got them all the time at Target while working the Customer Service desk, and it got to the point where I would say, with a malicious smile on my face, "I'm sorry, I don't speak passive aggressive sighs, please tell me what you'd like."

I - amazingly - never got in trouble for it because my boss thought it was freaking hilarious how the customer would immediately start to fish face. I also saved that particular franchise a lot of money by not doing improper returns and not letting the customer bully me into it.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I love getting the "auditioning for a role" customers too...

The audible sighs

The heavy eye rolls

The wild gesticulations

The cries of "This is incredible!"

Shatner would be proud
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Man, had something like this the other night, but didn't go all SC on the poor new kid. I took the Evil Princess to a Queen of Dairy to get stuff for the family, and there was no one but us there. The manager was training a new girl, so when I ordered my fairly simple ice cream M explained to NG how to make it (hot fudge on the bottom, then ice cream, then caramel and hot fudge on top).

NG, being new and all, forgot the hot fudge on the bottom. M catches the mistake and apologizes to me like I'm going to go ape shiat for the delay while NG gets flustered for making a mistake. I'm like "Hey, no big deal, put the other dose on top and let me have it. No need to waste the whole thing!" Then I looked at the poor flustered new girl and let her know it wasn't a problem.

Seriously, everyone has to learn some time. So long as I get my hot fudge I'll be happy.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          So long as I get my hot fudge I'll be happy.
          And there'll be no bodies...

Pssst! Buddy! want some fresh meat pies?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Or at least, they'll never be found ...

Comment

Actually, I think it was a scam. The guy could see that the kid was new and unsure of himself, and people like that often get easily flustered. I bet he never ordered anything in the first place and was scamming either cash or a free coffee & goodies.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                And there'll be no bodies...

Pssst! Buddy! want some fresh meat pies?
                Reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes and the delicious BBQ near the end of the movie.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes and the delicious BBQ near the end of the movie.
                  The secret's in the sauce . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Actually, I think it was a scam. The guy could see that the kid was new and unsure of himself, and people like that often get easily flustered. I bet he never ordered anything in the first place and was scamming either cash or a free coffee & goodies.
                    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought so.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Just feel the need to point out how awesome ppl are here that they make a point of making the cashiers feel good/not so bad after SC's. I tryyyy to be a non-SC and it's great to see how awesome you guys are at doing it
                      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                      What's the difference?
                      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                      X