This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about Brazen . . . .

Locally there is a big fuss about Zeek Rewards, an online penny auction site that turned out to be a Ponzi Scheme.

Our local paper has been reporting extensively on it. Today, in the online comments, some scammer posted a link to a website targeting people who got hurt by this scam:

Man . . . talk about brass ones.
    ---
    Zeek Refund
    August 24, 2012 - 12:51 pm EDT

I sent an email to the Zeek Receiver and received a response within minutes. Check out [webside redacted to protect the innocent] for the sample email sent and emails between top Zeek Leaders concerning the new defense fund to fight the SEC and get Zeek bank!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Wow. I hope you can contact someone to have that removed ASAP. That's just... wow.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I wish I could say I am surprised, but that means I haven't seen similar before. It irritates me to no end and I report links like that every chance I get. Hopefully, the administrators get to it before too many people get rooked by it!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I posted a response, but didn't report abuse to the forum manager. I tried to submit a complaint to the Attorney General, and still haven't figured out how to; it's not a consumer complaint. The only form wants a phone number of the company you are complaining about and won't let you submit the form if you don't have one.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've heard of this before, although not regarding that site (which I've never heard of, LOL). I suppose it was the natural next step in scamming: first you scam people, then you scam them again by posting links through which they can (supposedly) help catch the scammers and/or get their money back.

Comment

Yep, I've gotten scam emails like that...purporting to come from the FBI, Interpol or some other agency, claiming that they are going to help me "get back my stolen money." Of course, I haven't sent money to any scammers in the first place. And most of the anti-scam scammers can't spell any or use English grammar any better than the regular scammers.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
              I posted a response, but didn't report abuse to the forum manager. I tried to submit a complaint to the Attorney General, and still haven't figured out how to; it's not a consumer complaint. The only form wants a phone number of the company you are complaining about and won't let you submit the form if you don't have one.
              If this is for a website, you should be able to pull the administrative contact number by looking up the domain at Network Solutions. That might work out for the complaint

Comment

You can also contact your local paper about it. I'd say it may be worth reporting to them.

They can pull the IP address and use it to run their own complaint as well.

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/In...Internet_Fraud

This is pretty cool too - the site lists all the different agencies to contact. vs having to paw through the internet to find each one separately.

From the list there, I think http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx could be a possible option. It's apparently formed from a partnership with the FBI & the National White Collar Crime Center.

Comment

Working...
                X