Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of handicapped don't you understand??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of handicapped don't you understand??

I'm recovering from a very serious health situation, and still need and use handicapped parking about 2/3 of the time (hoping to give my hang tag back to the DMV by next June!!) Today is one of those days I'm not doing so hot. Where I work, it's a small place, small parking lot, and the handicapped parking is organized like this:

Front door, handicapped, the extra non-parking space, handicapped, sidewalk, cement courtyard between buildings.

Yeah, except for today. Today it's:

Front door, 3/4 of handicapped space, head boss's land yacht, 3/4 of handicapped space, next guy down on the totem pole parked on the sidewalk.

I ended up pulling around through the courtyard, and parking on the courtyard/sidewalk area by the front door and first handicapped space. Not the first time either.. there's a reason I know HOW to pull around the bushes and get up onto the sidewalk, after all. Worst part? I work for a charitable organization. Stellar example of looking after the needs of others, yeah? I am sorely tempted to have them both towed since they don't see any need to move their vehicles... but this isn't a bridge I want to burn, so I'm going with Plan B: send a photo the the head boss's wife. Something tells me a couple nights on the couch will make more of an impression than a towing bill anyhow.

Quoth Maria View Post
    I'm recovering from a very serious health situation, and still need and use handicapped parking about 2/3 of the time (hoping to give my hang tag back to the DMV by next June!!)
    There's no feeling as good as regained mobility, relief from pain, and other forms of de-handicapped-ness.

Good luck to you!
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

nothing like having to put up with such rude behavior - not to mention the ADA violation, and probably some OSHA there too... just because you know your boss will probably burn you for ... not putting his lazy ass above your own physical needs.

Comment

If you call to have them towed because they are in handicapped spots/non-parking spots/on a sidewalk - that one is WAY WAY FROWNED UPON - the police/tow company sent will keep you anon. Just call, then go inside and act completely normal.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Gah! I HATE that! It reminds me that I went to my favorite discount hardware store the other day and found a contracting company's truck in the handicapped spot. No tag, no plate, oh, and he was pulled so far forward the nose of his truck was in the next spot over. I took pictures of the truck on my iPod and emailed them to the business using one of my throw-away email addresses.

I don't know if anything will happen, but it sure felt good to be able to do something, since the cops here won't accept photos of an illegally-parked car as proof the car is illegally parked.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
          X