X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbass Donor

This is a note from someone who made a donation on our web site:

"Horribe website. I did not wish my email to be used, but I was forced to put one in your system. I used one that is not my personal email and after I put it in, I'm told that my receipt went to it. I'm furious and want to be assured that my credit card information does not appear on that email. I'm really upset. I can be reached at (XXX) XXX-XXXX"

To recap, she made the donation on line but didn't want to be on our e-mail list, so rather than enter HER e-mail address, she entered someone elses. Completely missing the box RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE SHE ENTERED THE E-MAIL ADDRESS, saying "If you do not want to be added to our e-mail list, click this box".
    And then she's pissed because her receipt went to the e-mail address she entered!!! And she thinks we would have all her credit card info on her receipt.
    NO receipts do that! At MOST, some might show the last 4 digits. (Ours don't)

By law, if you make a donation or a purchase on line, we HAVE to send a receipt.

She also left the same message on our voicemail, threatening legal action if we didn't take care of this.
    When I called her this morning, before I could say ANYTHING after telling her who I was and where I was calling from, she barks at me that she is trying to park her car and that she just wanted us to know how angry she is and that we better fix this! And then she hung up before I could say anything. Stupid bitch.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

It's too bad you can't return her money with instructions to go back to school.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
      No because then it would go where it wouldn't be used for good. At least this way it still will be.

Comment

Well, if I had to deal with that, my position would be, "I called you, you wouldn't talk to me, you were nasty. End of my attempt to contact you."

Don't know if you can do that, though.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Well, if I had to deal with that, my position would be, "I called you, you wouldn't talk to me, you were nasty. End of my attempt to contact you."

Don't know if you can do that, though.
          I googled her name and found her facebook page. I was tempted to do just that! lol

Comment

Wait, let me get this straight. She used a bogus email because she didn't want to be contacted. And then she leaves a PHONE NUMBER to contact her?

Oh, the possibilities.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
              she leaves a PHONE NUMBER to contact her?
              Oh, the possibilities.
              Yeah, I've got three companies off the top of my head that sell the dickens out of personal info. Shel's bigger than that though.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Yeah, I've got three companies off the top of my head that sell the dickens out of personal info. Shel's bigger than that though.
                Oh, I know. Kinda fun to think about, though.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                  Oh hells no - at this point it's an idiot tax; damn shame you can't double her donation "accidentally"!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    Shel's bigger than that though.
                    That's what she said...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      That's what she said...
                      They, not "he". hehehe

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        They, not "he". hehehe
                        damn! saw dalesys' on the previous page and jumped on to make JUST that comment. glad i read on.

Comment

Working...
                        X