Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother always loved it when someone would send a teddy bear, flowers, or chocolates for the staff when she worked. It didn't happen often, but it did happen.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The sweet tea in exchange for Dilaudid reminds me of a few times when I had deep abscesses on my thighs and a patient in one of the other curtained ares overheard I was getting some IV would suddenly act like they were dying.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        Mother always loved it when someone would send a teddy bear, flowers, or chocolates for the staff when she worked. It didn't happen often, but it did happen.
        When I went in to hospital for suspected kidney stones (didn't have them, just acute pain in that region that faded after a couple of hours) there was one nurse who was getting an earful from a patient in another ward. She was almost in tears from the insults (the guy was either ejected from the hospital, or made good on his threats to leave and find another place that would look after him properly), but she was very nice and tried to be professional even with puffy eyes and sniffly nose.

I bought her a bouquet of flowers from the gift shop and gave them to her on her way out after her shift. She actually thought I was giving them to her to deliver to another patient, and her smile (when I told her that no, they were actually for her) was like a sunrise.

Comment

I think that one of the things we learn on this site is to do our best to always treat the people who serve us as people. No matter what job they do.

And I think we become better for it.

As for those who deliberately make life harder for those who serve them; they deserve to be shown that people have limits.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
            She was almost in tears from the insults (the guy was either ejected from the hospital, or made good on his threats to leave and find another place that would look after him properly), but she was very nice and tried to be professional even with puffy eyes and sniffly nose.

I bought her a bouquet of flowers from the gift shop and gave them to her on her way out after her shift. She actually thought I was giving them to her to deliver to another patient, and her smile (when I told her that no, they were actually for her) was like a sunrise.
            Good for you! It's things like that that help us get through the long hard days.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

After the death of my sisters partner, my mum took in some biscuits and a thank you card for the nurses on the ICU unit as they not only looked after him but us as well.
              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
              X