This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will I Ever Learn

Yesterday I woke up. That was my first mistake. Then I got out of bed. That was my second mistake. As you can guess, the day went downhill from there.

Up front, I know I probably should have just kept my mouth shut in both of these instances. Which is why I put it in Brain Burps and have decided not to referring to the people involved as being sucky.

You Mean You Don't Have Cash!

The lines were long, so I took a customer to an empty reigster to ring. Inspite of not having my light on, two more customers lined up and since it was still busy I didn't send them away.

Two customers in a row got cash back, so the only money I had in that register was fives, ones, and the change. And please keep in mind that if a customer asks for cash back, the register pops open regardless of whether or not I have money in there.

C: Are you still open?
    Me: *After checking the other lanes to see how many customers they had* I can ring you out. But if you're planning to use a debit card, I can't do cashback?
    C: But I can still use cash?
    Me: Yes, I just can't give cash back.
    C: What, so you can't give me change if I use cash?
    Me: No, sir, I was just trying to let you know that if you were paying with a debit card you wouldn't be able to get cash back.
    C: Well I'm not paying with a debit card.

All I was trying to do was head off problems. I could have waited for him to want cash back as well and then I'd be sitting there and waiting for a manager to come over to my register and from experience, I just wanted to make the morning go smoothly.

Later that day I was out side with a row of carts. I was stopped right in front of one of the corrals when a woman parked on the opposite side of the lane pulls all the way out. So, she had plent of room to maneuver, but somehow she felt she needed the entire space and as a result, would have hit the row of carts if the automatic alert inside of her car didn't alert her to something behind her.

C: Can you move that please, so I have room to get out of here?

Mind you, any further back and she would have crashed into someone else's vehicle.

Me: I'm sorry ma'am. I'm going to be a while. But I've seen people pull out without a problem in the past.
    C: (Loudly and nastily*, Well good for them! I can't see anything behind me.

Another customer walking to his car guided her out of the space without an issue. For my part, I kept my mouth shut this time around. On the one hand, yes, I probably could have moved. But I was trying to empty a corall full of those wonderful shopping carts people like to be able to use.

I also know that it wasn't a good idea to called her out, however politely I might have tried to do so. So I get that I was in the wrong there. But honestly, if you need a complete stranger to help you pull out of a parking space that nearly every driver who shops here can do without assistance, you should probably go back to driver's ed before you wind up killing someone.

I don't think you said anything wrong at all. If she doesn't like it tough.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X