This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    While I'm sure this is true (I haven't seen photos, but she comes across here as a lovely person - so lovely inside, at least!)...

.... While I'm sure this is true, she works at a prison. At least some of the inmates are probably trying to see if they can play mind-games with her by using sexuality, sexual suggestion, and so forth.

At a guess, if they can break her professional demeanour, they 'win' - in their own minds.

Problem is: Kara's too good for them. In all senses of the word.
    Quoted for Truth. I had to deal with the same nonsense when I worked as a correctional nurse.

They're just playing her, and Kara don't play.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
      Good, Bad, she's the girl with the write-up book.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        At least some of the inmates are probably trying to see if they can play mind-games with her
        Many moons ago I had a temporary job driving a laundry van for a prison (it was a prison business, operated by the inmates (for some reason, non of them were on delivery/collection...)).

When I started there I was told the dos and don't and it was pointed out to me that as there was not a lot to occupy their minds the inmates were always thinking up scams, wind ups, seeking information etc. etc. and that the first time I walked in the laundry, by the time I'd gotton from the doorway to the Officers office they would have sussed out what jeans I was wearing, trainers, how much my watch cost, general demeanour and whether I looked like a sucker.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          Quoted for Truth. I had to deal with the same nonsense when I worked as a correctional nurse.

I'm sure Kara would be happy to play - with people who were honestly playing for everyone involved to have fun.

Hey, a Kara/Jester flirting match would be major entertainment for everyone involved. I might even sip some rum while I watch - and call out scores.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
            Good, Bad, she's the girl with the write-up book.
            Ash would approve I think!

Comment

YAY KARA!

Kara is so full of win.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Hey, a Kara/Jester flirting match would be major entertainment for everyone involved. I might even sip some rum while I watch - and call out scores.
                I flirt with him in chat all the time
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you people are talking about.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I have absolutely no idea what you people are talking about.
                    Yeah, right...& I'm the Queen of the May.

Comment

Working...
                    X