This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Question?

Does anyone know the next time the Chargers will play the Texans? It's not happening this season, but I know it's happened before. I ask because my boyfriend is also from San Diego (although he's way more into football than I. I know it exists) and I don't think either of us will make it back there any time soon.

That really depends.. looking at the NFL scheduling formula it could be anywhere from 1 to 3 years from the last time they played, not including playoffs or preseason games... The Texans and the Chargers are in the same Conference (AFC) but in different divisions. Typically around Superbowl time, teams will release a list of teams they are playing for the next year, and around April, they will release the actual schedule.

NFL scheduling Formula

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
    Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
    Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
    Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
    X