X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vile Rat, EVE Online Diplomat, Killed in Benghazi :(

http://themittani.com/news/rip-vile-rat

I don't play EVE myself, but this has been everywhere, and even I've heard of Vile Rat. I'd read about the attack as well...just kinda sucks to hear that he was the state dept. rep who was killed.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Damn. I've never been anywhere near Eve Online and even I've heard of Vile Rat. This sucks.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Confirmed by CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Comment

Major suckitude. Friends in Goonwaffe have told me that he was in jabber at the time. He would pop on and off, last from him was Guns and then he logged, then nothing more.

He killed me in my first major null sec action
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'd not heard of him in game. I never knew the guy. I'll be mourning.

Rapscallion

Comment

I was just on facebook, and it hit me that Ill never hear the ping, see the little green dot and "Hey Aru, lets hit simplicity and screw around." Not that many goons would adopt an indy carebear and try to teach her pvp.

[simplicity is the test server, pretty much anything from a titan down to a frigate is 100 ISK. It is a great way to learn to use different ships, getting blown up costs less than a frigate no matter what you are flying.]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Dang...a diplomat on and off line. I never played the game but I wish his family on and off line many wishes.

Comment

Not a diplomat, an IT geek, and a damned fine guy.

Comment

It's weird when it strikes close to home.

My boyfriend showed me one of the military tactical books he likes. The co author was Glen Doherty.

Comment

I have a friend who's a Goon who shared this with her friends. He will be missed that's for sure.

Comment

Okay, all I have to say is... *derp*

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                        Okay, all I have to say is... *derp*
                        VR would have found that hysterically funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X