This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight Facebook SC

My work has a facebook page. Our grand opening is today. We had a thing for the Fresno and Clovis store, as we apparently do everywhere, where if you're the first 25, you get a free burrito for a year, weekly. Since the place is pretty popular and apparently well loved, people camp out for it.

Well, on the FB event page for Clovis opening, there was a woman complaining how she got there in the early morning hours to my Fresno store

By time I went by Fresno location I was too late..... with 25 people only I never stood a chance. In my opinion 100 would have been better. Would have generated more enthusiasm ... Everyone I asked prior said same thing. Why bother ill never be able to beat only 25 there. I am still way miffed sorry
    Her attitude annoyed me. I understand that yeah it sucks, but they ALWAYS did it like this. There will be other chances to get a free burrito, but I wouldn't seek her out personally to give her one.

I guess I'm the only annoyed. Meh

Most places will do 100 rather than 25 but it's up to the company. Either way, she isn't out anything and she had a mini adventure. Not something to be upset about.

Comment

should have gotten there sooner?

too bad/so sad?

if it had been 100 and she was 101, she would still complain
      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
        should have gotten there sooner?

too bad/so sad?

if it had been 100 and she was 101, she would still complain
        That is what I was thinking. They even say on the event page, "we have become accustomed to seeing people camp out for up to four days" (I was told this story at orientation too.)

Was it just me, or was there a hint of EW there?

Comment

i got that too, the EW is strong with this one
          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
            That is what I was thinking. They even say on the event page, "we have become accustomed to seeing people camp out for up to four days" (I was told this story at orientation too.)

Was it just me, or was there a hint of EW there?
            Hahaha! I found the FB page and posted this same thing before I read yours! lol
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

While I agree that "first 25 people who have so few responsibilities that they can camp out for however long to get free burritos for a year" probably isn't the most advantageous way to do it, it is the way it's done, so if you want those free burritos for a year, then you'd better get your ass out there a hell of a lot sooner than you did.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Hahaha! I found the FB page and posted this same thing before I read yours! lol
                I had to delete my reply to her since I work for the company. :<

I originally just replied, "Well, they did this everywhere so Nor-Cal/So-cal and Texas knows whats up"

Comment

Geez, it's one free burrito a week for a year.....not a freakin' Lamborghini. People are so weird.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

woman edited her first post and i didn't catch it...cause i know she mentioned 6am and not 6pm originally.
                    Oi vey people are already sucky about it.

Question to mods, can I make a story thread?

Comment

Working...
                    X