This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lovecats View Post
    My Malibu used to drop down to E right after I'd filled the tank. I'd pull away and all of a sudden "ding, ding, ding" and the gauge was on E. I'd argue with it and say you have a full tank. It's been fixed now and doesn't do that anymore.
    Same thing would happen to me every now and then in my Focus. Thank god I no longer drive that car lol.
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      Apparently we need a sign to warn people about entropy.
      This gives me an idea...

*begins constructing signs*

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
        My fuel gauge in my beetle was dodgy. When the tank was full it would sit on empty. It would continue to sit on empty but when the gauge started to swing to full then it was time to fill up again. Had it checked several times, and even replaced once, but it still developed that fault. I just went with it, and added it to the large list of quirks of the bug.
        Nonsense, they aren't quirks they are endearing peculiarities of your beetle... =)

[sort of like the heating system inadequacies in a vehicle designed in the upper Alps...]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I had my share of fuel gauge shenanigans.

Had an 88' Ford E150 van with dual tanks, second one was an aftermarket addition. The factory tank started leaking, so rather than go through the trouble of pulling it out and fixing it, I just used the secondary since I didn't do a lot of driving and didn't need the extra range to justify fixing the first one. Well, the fuel gauge on the dash wasn't calibrated for the aftermarket tank, which went dry when the gauge said it had 1/4 left. Fortunately, I only had it happen once before I figured it out. Apparently, you were supposed to run the secondary, and when it started to sputter, flip the switch and go to the primary which had an accurate reading... that's some quirk

My current car has a float that I think after all these years has lost some of it's "floating" ability, and consistently reads lower than it should, and I get a "low fuel" light when I still have a quarter tank left. So, when the light comes on, I have 3 days of driving left before I have to fill up
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            did the first guy have a gauge that stays on E when the car is off and actually "fills up" when the car is on? (like I do?)
            Most likely, the customer is mad about prices going up on gasoline and he's trying to scam the gas station for free gas and he can drive away with extra cash in his pocket. Sorry, pal, but there's NO gas pump in existence that will measure out gallons of gas pumped and dollars worth in value while just blowing out NOTHING BUT HOT AIR!!! If a gas pump is empty of it's tanks, it won't work PERIOD. The customer should have a much more believable story than a gas pump that won't pump anything if he wants to try and get free gas from someone.

Or...maybe he just needs to get his gauges fixed!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
              Most likely, the customer is mad about prices going up on gasoline and he's trying to scam the gas station for free gas and he can drive away with extra cash in his pocket. Sorry, pal, but there's NO gas pump in existence that will measure out gallons of gas pumped and dollars worth in value while just blowing out NOTHING BUT HOT AIR!!! If a gas pump is empty of it's tanks, it won't work PERIOD. The customer should have a much more believable story than a gas pump that won't pump anything if he wants to try and get free gas from someone.

Or...maybe he just needs to get his gauges fixed!
              Yeah, I know, but I was trying to see it from a rational point of view (especially since my car does what I described)

I really cannot wait another 2 years before I can upgrade to something newer....(thinking a Holden Barina (The current ones are Chevy Aveo in the states) or other small car)
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                Many things wrong with that.
                1. You can't even get fired for accidentally handing out 500 dollars.
                Where do you work? We need to talk...
                sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                  Same thing would happen to me every now and then in my Focus. Thank god I no longer drive that car lol.
                  That car is now paid off and working beautifully. I'm so happy not to have a car payment and that it's working like it should.
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                  X