This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Other Ambulance Chasers

So, I'm heading up to my concert last night, and am taking the I5 northbound just out of downtown LA when I realize that I'm seeing flashing lights coming up from behind the mass of cars I'm part of. I'm in the right hand land and I can see at least three emergency vehicles cruising up the right-hand side of the freeway headed for some emergency up ahead. I, like most of the people on the road, pull as far to the left as I can so that they can have room to get by and help whoever needs it.

That's when I spot some entitled asshole in a small white sports car dart out from behind the last responder and start using them to clear himself a path.

That will not stand, man.

So, since I'm ahead, I go ahead and pull put as soon as it's safe (although it's not legal to do so, yet) and get right smack in the middle of this fucker's way.

I exited the freeway at the next offramp so have no idea what happened to this guy, but I know that because of me, he had to wait his fucking turn before getting past the accident.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

I love you. I'm sure nobody minded what you did and were probably cheering you on
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I saw a minicab zone out behind an ambulance the other day. He was zooming along behind it, enjoying the free ride, when the ambulance jumped a light... The cab put up smoke, he had to brake so hard!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'm possibly going to get myself shot one of these days, cutting off people trying to use the shoulder to pass and suchlike.

In the meantime, however, I'm going to continue playing equalizer on their entitled asses.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I hate people who use ambulance and emergency vehicles as their own personal linebacker. It always sucks because the emergency responders are (rightfully so) so focused on what's going on in front of them and getting to the scene of the accident that these peeheads rarely get caught.

Also dislike people who refuse to merge because "OMG I MUST BE FIRST." I got run off the road by a giant shipping company truck (big ol' YELLOW thing.) I was lucky to be unhurt, and the guy behind me stopped and came to make sure I was okay. (He also got the number on the truck from the "How am I driving? Call: XXX-XXX-XXXX" sticker.)

Seriously, I think we need to somehow design a road that will send all the "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME" people over a cliff like the selfish jerkalopes they are.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

My friend has this idea that every car needs to come standard car seeking rockets under the headlights for those moments when you really need to blow some jerkwad off the road.

Comment

Problem with that is jerkwads would then blow you off the road instead of tailgating you to death.

Comment

Working...
              X