Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine using dog fur to make yarn- that would surely stink when wet! Of course, my dog could probably supply my entire state if I actually decided to try it. She's a Leonberger.

As for cats, well, at one point I had 16. That was waaaaay too many. I think four is the max I'll ever have again. Just don't show me a kitten that needs a home!

Comment

Your post title reminded me of this: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...epression.html

"Where you trying to go, sad legs?"

Nothing really to add, just chiming in as a fellow crazy cat lady!
      "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
        I recommend the plastic rings from the top of milk/OJ jugs. They are my cat's favorite toys next to the magical red dot and swatting the dogs nose.
        When I shared a house with some friends after college, we had a cat that hoarded those. He was mortified when we moved the couch and found his stash.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
          When I shared a house with some friends after college, we had a cat that hoarded those. He was mortified when we moved the couch and found his stash.
          My cat used to stare expectantly at the couch when she lost all her rings. She always assumed there was one under there, regardless of whether or not she actually lost one under there.

Comment

I know someone who had nine cats. They're getting pretty up-there in age, and I think they've decided not to get any new cats, as after their blind cat died (biggest sweetheart ever) and another ran away, they haven't replaced them.

Me, I have quite an unusual group of pets, and when I'm out on my own I'm planning on adding a few more.

Right now, I have a fat long-haired calico. She hates to be brushed. It's the only thing that'll get her to hiss at you (she purrs when getting shots.) My dad calls her a new species of cat. She's really smart (like, can open doors smart. I've seen her do it, but she's too lazy to so she still begs us to let her out), very fat, very talkative, and somehow, despite her fat, a very successful hunter. She brought us home a bird once. I'm still trying to figure out how she did it.

I also have a skinny black and white cat. This cat has a tendency, when the calico brings in fleas, to lose all her fur. Even the flea treatments seem to make it worse, if only for a short time. This cat is the epitome of what people think a cat is. She's scruffy, grumpy, and little. On the other hand, she's insisting I bring down my knees so she can sit in my lap, right now, and has settled down next to me in the meantime. She loves me. ^^

I also have one bunny, a Mini Rex. This guy is nicknamed Dofus, because I've been trying to litter train him since I got him, and he still hasn't figured it out. It also took him about a month to realize I gave him a water bottle in his outdoor pen.

When I move out, I'm getting another bunny for the Mini Rex, as he acts like he's lonely, and his old owner had a companion for him, and two rats. I fostered rats so my science teacher wouldn't use them as bait, and I really miss them. My parents wouldn't let me keep them, and the calico was a hair away from eating them, so I understand. The rats were just the sweetest things (even if people were freaked out by them. I was able to remove them from the wild rats though, cause they were albinos.) My fav thing was to let them clean off my hands after I had Cheetos. ^^

My parents try to hide the: Kittens for sale, puppies for sale, bunnies for sale signs from me, cause they're afraid I'll want to adopt them all. I told them I stopped by a pet store to pet a ferret (as that was one of my animal goals, along with getting a munchkin, a ragdoll, and an egyptian mau (not at the same time mind you).) Their response was: Where's the ferret? Is it in your purse?

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
              as that was one of my animal goals, along with getting a munchkin, a ragdoll, and an egyptian mau
              oooo ragdolls are awesome, as are their counterpart the ragamuffin( story on that breed and it's name in link) the kitty in my avatar is a ragamuffin-Athena(ragamuffins can be any color, unlike ragdolls).
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yesterday I got a 16 portion chocolate gateaux...all for myself...so...yeah....
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Laund-o-rama-Mama that site is amaaaaaazing! It was so....well...sad. But so awesome!

I looked really, really depressed and I was dressed like an eskimo vagrant.
                  Genius!!!!!

By the way, I love that this thread has turned into a self confessional for all the cat-loving-cake eaters out there!!!
                  "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Working...
                  X