Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we went back on friday to get the crazy out of our dog she had a lot of fun, playing with Irish and other dogs.

my BF noted that PuppyMom was there and that she was trying to encourage her puppy to play with big dogs. i think she even tried telling it to play with ours. Ours sniffed the puppy and pretty much ignored it... mainly because every time she tries to play with a puppy we stop her. (she's a smart dog).

No sign of dictator though. i'm hoping he wasn't run off by the bitch.

but the first day we met the bitch, we'd been talking to her all friendly... this was before she started picking a fight mind you. since then we've pretty much given her the cold shoulder.

Comment

Mini update - got some gossip from IrishMom

Dictator was sick for a couple of days and DM thinks his extra aggression on puppies could be because DM's schedule changed. (She's a teacher).

PM is a super king kamehameha CUNT. Not because she makes a point of staying put as long as Dictator is there. Not because she encourages her dog to attack other dogs (mine included). Still. Not even because she threatened DM with "just you wait until my puppy is bigger then your dog will learn a lesson" as if she's going to let her dog tear him apart.

She's a cunt because the last time Dictator latched on to her puppy she picked him up and THREW HIM.

Yep. She took a small dog and THREW IT.

I mean it's one thing to separate dogs. It's something else to take physical action against someone else's pet just because you're mad.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

I mean it's one thing to separate dogs. It's something else to take physical action against someone else's pet just because you're mad.
        I would've said the next time she tries to tell her puppy to play with your dog to throw the puppy, but that would be unfair to the puppy because it's not his fault. (That and throwing dogs unless panicking is bad.)

So maybe next time her puppy tries to play with your dog just pick him up, walk over to PM, and hand him off to her with a snide comment of, "Keep better control of your dog."
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          She's a cunt because the last time Dictator latched on to her puppy she picked him up and THREW HIM.

Yep. She took a small dog and THREW IT.
          That's totally unacceptable, and verges on animal cruelty. She may have committed a crime, though I think a cop would probably tell one or the other dog parents to avoid the dog park.

But the more I read about Dictator, the more I think he needs some training on how to act when around puppies. It's not acceptable for him to attack puppies. He's got a lot of dominance behaviors, and he needs to be submissive.

Cesar Milan, where are you when we need you!

That being said, PM is absolutely teaching her dog to be a bully. That dog is going to be a monster when he grows up: poorly behaved and badly socialized with other dogs.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I don't think this is a may have Panacea. In my neck of the woods that a 2 year sentence right there.

Comment

But the more I read about Dictator, the more I think he needs some training on how to act when around puppies. It's not acceptable for him to attack puppies. He's got a lot of dominance behaviors, and he needs to be submissive.
              DM has been working on that from what I've been told. when he acts up she leashes him and gets him calmed down enough that he can walk by puppies without reacting.

From what IM told me, DM thinks a lot of this is because of her teaching job - dictator got use to having his mom around all summer and now that she's gone during the day he gets agitated more.

Although from what IM told us, the park *is* going to install key-fob entry points, although I'm not entirely sure this will fix things. I just hope that non-residents can apply, if they go ahead with this.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                That depends on if it an actual attack, a playful romp, or a correction. If puppies start to act up in a group of dogs (and almost all of them do because, HEY! they're puppies!), there will usually be a dog -or the group- who will correct them. Typically with a knock down or latching onto the back of the neck. Dog play does include "bites" and swiping at each other, rolling around and wrestling, so because a dog is initiating that kind of play doesn't mean he's automatically dominant.

Also "submissive" is the wrong word to use here. Making the dog submissive when other doggie parents are not doing the same with their dogs will just lead other, more aggressive dogs to pick on the submissive one, especially when there are no guidelines for the park stating that dogs must have a certain level of training, etc. The reason it works for Caesar is because all his dogs are submissive. He also watches every dog in the area and will correct dogs that are not the one he was brought into help (they even have a completely different owner, for example.) You'll also notice when a rambunctious one gets introduced to his pack, the entire pack will watch and correct undesirable behavior.

A doggie parent should make sure the dog follows command, and is well trained enough to immediately follow those commands. They need to know when and what to ignore. When Dictator starts showing undesirable behavior, DM goes in and corrects it, and is training him to do what she wants him to do around puppies - probably ignore the hell out of them and not to play with them at all.

Finally, I don't think either of us could say that he's got a lot of dominance behaviors when neither of us are actually seeing what is happening.

For example, I could say to you that yesterday, Daisy bit Ranger on one of his hind legs.

With that description, many people would probably think she was attacking him, trying to be dominant or aggressive, when the actual event was that they were wrestling around and she was tugging on his hind leg as they rolled over the ground. No aggression at all.

Need visuals to make a distinction between dominance, aggression, or trying to play. Having said that, if DM doesn't want him to play with puppies just to avoid the entire issue, then she's doing what she needs to do (IE correcting the behavior that she deems as undesirable.)

Terriers of all kinds are known to be smart and stubborn as hell though, so I can understand it taking more than the magical 5-minutes it takes Milan.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                  That depends on if it an actual attack, a playful romp, or a correction. If puppies start to act up in a group of dogs (and almost all of them do because, HEY! they're puppies!), there will usually be a dog -or the group- who will correct them.
                  Well, you're right in that I haven't seen the actual behavior and have to go on PepperElf's descriptions. And part of that is "Dictator HATES puppies." So that leads me to believe Dictator has or will actually attack a puppy.

Of course you have a point about Milan's pack, but he also trains dogs not to get aggressive when around dogs being walked by strangers; he does it on his show all the time.

It sounds like DM is trying to work on this; an inconsistent schedule can upset dogs routines and make them insecure.

PM worries me as much as Dictator does. She sounds like she's teaching her dog behaviors that will make her dog a danger to other dogs when it grows up. Then she'll act all surprised when Puppy bites another dog or a human and has to be put down.

And it'll be all, all her fault. But, being a SC, she won't see that.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Good news for us ... bad news for any of you in Michigan... PuppyMom is GONE; she moved out to Michigan this week.

Which kinda means she knew all along she was moving out of the area anyway, so why she spent the last 2-3 weeks trying to play queen of the dog park is... well that's her i guess.

someone else said she was trying to encourage her underage puppy to play because it didn't play with anyone.

as for dictator hating puppies... kinda yes and no. Once he's calmed down enough he can be by a puppy without issue.

it may be akin to our own dog, how she would get a bug up her ass about HAVING to play with one specific dog - whether that dog liked it or not - until we finally got her distracted. Of late though ours is remarkably calmer. there was a time when even ours would play rough with puppies, but now she just sniffs them and walks off.

I can only assume Dictator will eventually do the same as well - and perhaps once he gets use to his mom's teaching schedule.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 09-29-2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Well, that's great news. The Bitch is gone . . . and her little dog, too

DM can focus on adjusting Dictator, and everyone else can have a good time in the dog park.

Win win . . . oh, except for people who live in Michigan.

Comment

Maybe an aggressive cat will teach her terrible dog some manners. I've seen it before.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                        X