Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The crazy just keeps coming! (incedent at the skate park)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crazy just keeps coming! (incedent at the skate park)

B/g: I live close to a skate park. Middle boy and his friends walk there sometimes. Boy has his own scooter. My daughter has one too and will let boys friends borrow it sometimes. It's nothing fancy, just one of those 20 dollar ones from Wal-mart. It was on of last years Christmas present. End b/g.

So my boyfriends middle son and his buddy got home frantically telling me that some kids and their parents took the scooter that his buddy was using. He was using my girls scooters this time. These kids said it looked like one of theirs that had gotten lost or stolen recently, so they got their parents and their parents made the boys surrender my daughters scooter.
    So my boyfriend grabs the keys, takes the boys, and goes up there. I didnt go. 1) hes more physically inimidating then me and 2) more level headed than me. Boys point him to the parent. BF described her as a "teenage mom." He walks over to her, explains the situation. She argued with him saying it looks like one that was stolen or lost by her kid a couple weeks ago. Apparently her kid was very young, not more than 4. A couple other teenage asshats back her up. Bf goes, "alright, let's just call the cops."
    Immeadeitly everyone else backs down. Little kid starts to cry when scooter is taken away. Some other teenager goes, "man that's fucked up."
    Bf says, "the part where you took the scooter from some other kids, that belongs to my girlfriends daughter?"

As he walked away some kid, he didn't see who, said, " you can get those from Wal-mart for 20 bucks, you didn't have to take that one."
    He turned around and said, "so go get one." Whoever had said it would come forward.

This same group kids yesterday apparently had offered to give middle boy something in exchange for his scooter. so middle boy is keeping new cool looking scooter inside for the time being.

It "looks like" their kid's, so it must be their kid's scooter? Nice. And very telling that they backed down when your BF said he'd call the cops.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

While the above situation with the scooter was definitely sucky, is it possible to get the police or another local club of some kind to engrave a serial number on the scooter? Then the number is lodged with police, so in the event of any disputes, ownership can be easily established. I know it's just a $20 scooter, but for a kid, those kind of losses can be devastating.

(the local Kiwanis club down here does just that, as do the police, except both are regarding bikes. One of them does engraving, the other one does it with a permanent UV pen.)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I agree. However you may need to provide them proof that it's yours as well, such as the receipt.

Otherwise someone could steal it, bring it to the cops, and get it engraved...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          I agree. However you may need to provide them proof that it's yours as well, such as the receipt.

Otherwise someone could steal it, bring it to the cops, and get it engraved...
          You could do it yourself, using a number such as your drivers licence for example. (That's the recommended way of doing it down here. My licence number for example is BD1878 so what I'd engrave on there would be SD1878 to identify myself)

Then you lodge the numbers with the cops.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X