This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    I pity the ship's crew. I can't imagine a job like that; stuck at sea unable to get away from the drunken jerks no matter where you go.
    The engine room? Sure it's noisy and there's oil-smell, but it'll be safe from the drunken jerks.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      My job as a customer in a bar is to drink, not to do your job by keeping track of what I've drank. And honestly, do you really want a drunk doing your accounting for you?
      Sloshed Customer: :hiccup: Ah only had two beersh, Ah swear!
      Dumb Bartender: Oh, okay. Here's your tab!

Yeah, that's going to work out really well for the bartender...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        Cheapest three day cruise I found was $165 for a 4 night cruise that left Miami and returned , and yes it does stop at Key West.
        I am pretty sure that most cruises that go out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale stop in Key West.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Librarian View Post
          Have to agree on this. It wouldn't even cross my mind that my id wouldn't be valid for a drink! (this part of europe, we don't get carded, and in the very rare cases, an id is more than enough, no matter what country it's from)
          i do know now though, even if i don't have immediate plans to travel across.
          Even though, one must be prepared to show valid ID to everyone (including the police) at all time.

Since I got old enough to get my own passport (at age 10) my family has pounded into my head that I should ALWAYS carry my passport on my person when travelling abroad, just in case.

(though in some way I understand the French couple's confusion - within the EU a driver's license would suffice as valid ID. Problem is, you aren't in the EU right now, so you should have figured it out and bring a passport with you!)
          Last edited by NorthernZel; 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM.
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Now, Jester, I didn't say that YOUR beercation was like that! Just that Mitch "did it his way."

I'm amazed he made it back to his ship without falling face-first into the harbor.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
              (though in some way I understand the French couple's confusion - within the EU a driver's license would suffice as valid ID. Problem is, you aren't in the EU right now, so you should have figured it out and bring a passport with you!)
              But the amusing part is, if they had had a French driver's license, I could have taken that, and done so legally. They didn't. They had a national ID card.

Quick refresher course: under Florida law (and Arizona law as well, and I presume the laws of most states, though I can only authoritatively state the laws of the two states I have worked the majority of my life in), for alcohol purchases, I can accept only one of the four following forms of ID: driver's license, passport, U.S. Armed Forces ID card, any U.S. State-issued ID card. Obviously the second two would not apply to Europeans, but the first two would.

And they had neither. So....too bad, so sad, not my problem, thank you for coming, drive safely. Without your driver's license, of course. LOL!

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Now, Jester, I didn't say that YOUR beercation was like that! Just that Mitch "did it his way."
              True, but I don't even like that phrase associated with this guy, or anyone like him. Since, as far as I know, I coined that phrase. (If not, it is still only used by cool people like myself who take vacations that are mostly centered around the joy of beer.)

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I'm amazed he made it back to his ship without falling face-first into the harbor.
              I'm both amazed AND disappointed by that fact.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow. I was looking at my phone notes about the Idiots of the Week from last week, and realized I completely spaced posting one that I actually had put down a note about.

Congratulations, Dad. You should be nominated for Father of the Year! I mean, who else but a wonderful father would be out on Duval Street at a quarter past midnight on a Friday night with his 6-year-old daughter and 3-year-old daughter, the first looking like she really wants to be home in bed and away from this madness, and the second one dozing in her stroller but still looking miserable. And what are you doing while your daughters are making it clear to anyone who will look at them that they don't want to be on Duval Street at this late hour, surrounded by hordes of people and tons of very loud motorcycles, this being Bike Week and all? You're sipping from your Fat Tuesday cup, presumably filled with some lovely alcoholic beverage, as you stare distractedly into the shenanigans going on in the newly opened Coyote Ugly Saloon.

It is only due to the Mitch Factor that you are not THE Idiot of the Week, sir.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X