This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new camera

My old Kodak Easyshare CX7430 died on me. It lasted me a little over 7 years, so I can't complain too much. But now I need to figure out what to get as a replacement. I'm going on a cruise next month, and my class reunion is coming up in two weeks. I'd like to have a working camera for the cruise, if not the reunion.

I'm looking for something comparable to what I have, or better, and I'd like to keep the price reasonable if at all possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated it. I have my eye on this one as a possible replacement, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. The salesperson was pretty helpful last time, but that was at Circuit City, which is no longer in business.
    Last edited by MadMike; 09-20-2012, 06:00 AM. Reason: Finally fixed the damn link!
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

No advice as to a specific camera... too much changes to fast!

I always recommend Steve's Digicam's as a good place to start when thinking about a new camera:
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

That link didn't work. But as far as advice go with a Nikon. If you want a good dslr, they have those. If you want more of a point and shoot, they have those. As a camera company they've always been good and their stuff tends to last. And they produce good quality photos.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...PIX-S3300.html

It's listed cheaper on the nikon site, well by 4 cents but it has a search function so you can see who around you is authorized to sell them. (not necessarily if they're in stock though). and who you can get it from online.

it looks nice. looking at the reviews the negative marks are for things like "macro" photography and lens error. Neither one surprise me really... macro* needs steady hands unless you're going to use a professional setup. Lens error ... is quite often resulting from rough handling or bumping the lens. my camera has it sometimes, but fixing it is about the same price as buying so i just put up with it. (or borrow my bf's older nikon).

* i'm somewhat use to macro cos it's my favorite. or rather super-macro is.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I've not done any research on the point and shoot cameras, but I do know that Nikon rocks! We bought a D3100 dslr bundle back earlier in the year. My oldest boy used it to take all of our son's baseball team photos. Couldn't have asked for a better camera.

Alot of it will depend on what you are willing to spend and what you are willing to pack around. While I love my new camera, I sure miss my little pink point and shoot that I could stick in my back pocket....

Comment

the link you posted needs to have"] this" removed from the end of it.

Any camera you get today will be leaps and bounds over what you got from 7 years ago, get one with good image stabilization.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I finally got that damn link fixed... I think. Unless someone has a better idea, I think I'm going to go to Best Buy this weekend and get the Nikon I have my eye on.

Comment

all i can think is "don't forget a protective case!"

cos it's a great way to help avoid lens error - i mean if you avoid damaging it etc.

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone. I picked up the Nikon I had my eye on. It's pretty tiny compared to my old camera, but the salesperson told me that the pictures will be a lot better. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, it's still on the charger.

Comment

Working...
                  X