Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were We Sucky? Opions On A Possible Self-Sighting, Please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were We Sucky? Opions On A Possible Self-Sighting, Please!

Today, I went to visit my eldest nephew at his house. We're only 8 years apart in age, so we're pretty close. Anyway, at one point after coming back from a trip to the game store, I had to pee. His toilet is, well, as nasty as you could imagine a single male's toilet to be, so we decided to walk to the nearby grocery store to use theirs. On the way, we passed a local restaurant and noticed its bathroom just inside the door. It should be noted the door was unlocked, lights on, no other sign of anything amiss. Well, I went in to use the restroom, and while in there, I suddenly hear a guy rather loudly questioning my nephew about who he was, what he was doing there, who I was, etc. Next thing I hear is the guy SCREAMING at him that "We're not open for business!!!!" Deciding I didn't want things to escalate further, I quickly finished, walked out, and ushered my nephew out of the building. So my question is: Were we sucky for stopping in there? As I said, the door was NOT locked, and there was NO sign on the door saying they were closed. At all. We had no idea, until the guy was literally screaming at my nephew about it. Nephew and myself both agreed that there SHOULD have been a sign, or the door should've been locked. I know if I'm at the C-Store, but store isn't open, I keep the door locked. Opinions?
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Not sucky imo...unlocked door...no sign...no worries.

Comment

Thank you, Sunshine. I know some will say 'you should've asked permission'...well, there was no one around, until the guy showed up and started screaming at us, so, that wasn't really possible, just for the record.

Comment

Eh, you are okay. But your nephew... If his bathroom is nastier than using a public toilet then he needs to shape up. Does he bring women to this apartment?

Comment

Ha, no, just family, usually just me or his folks, or a cousin on his mom's side of the family. Most of the time, it's just him there though, so no motivation...unless, of course, inspections come around. You've never seen an apartment so spotless then!

Comment

Sooo ... they were closed but the door was open?

If they needed to leave the door open for some reason, they definitely should've posted a sign letting customers know the place wasn't open for business.

Comment

indeed it's a bit odd that they didn't have any 'closed' signs up
              even if it was say, a toilet for customers only... many places have signs that specifically state that.

Comment

Even if they were closed, there's no reason to behave like that. -_-

Edit: I mean, think of all the stories here about entitled SCs barging in at closing time. Not one of us would be screaming our heads off at them (not that I've ever read here, anyway). Even if we might want to. Because that kind of behavior is way out of line and would get us fired.

I think you should try to speak to the owner of this particular establishment.
                Last edited by Laund-o-rama Mama; 09-19-2012, 07:21 PM.
                "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                  Ha, no, just family, usually just me or his folks, or a cousin on his mom's side of the family. Most of the time, it's just him there though, so no motivation...unless, of course, inspections come around. You've never seen an apartment so spotless then!
                  Even if it just him how can he stand it? The fact that it's a bathroom would be motivation enough I would think.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Even if it just him how can he stand it? The fact that it's a bathroom would be motivation enough I would think.
                    When it's in front of me it's far away, and when it's behind me, I can't see it.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm actually finding it kinda difficult to take the restaurant owner's side in this case. Your nephew needed to go, you saw an available restroom, and if the restaurant was closed, where was the sign? Honestly, the owner was the jerkass in this case for even getting upset about it. "Excuse me, ma'am, but we're getting ready to open up" or "excuse me, ma'am, we're closing up" would've been better than just flat-out shouting at a little kid that just needed to make.

Then again, I'd have been dick enough to ask him where he had his hours of operation posted and why they weren't by the door when we were on our way in.
                      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

No you weren't. That guy sounds like a drama queen. People who start off yelling at other people and can't talk like human beings are just looking for attention and to exert control.

Comment

Working...
                        X