This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lady_Foxfire View Post
    I had a customer the other day pull up her store loyalty card on her phone. I seriously didn't even know you could do that, and now I want that app too. We also have a system where you can punch an ID number (I use my phone number and birthday) into the card reader and bring up your card that way.
    I have that app for my iPhone . . . it's called Key Ring. First heard of this about a year ago when I had a customer come through my line with her smartphone and pulled up her Store Card for me to key in the numbers (we have no way to scan the barcode from the phone screen.)

It's pretty neat to have because there are times when I don't feel like lugging around my heavy keychain.
    Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 09-20-2012, 08:41 PM. Reason: correcting the link
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      As it stands right now, if I lose my wallet or my phone, I'm going to be a bit fucked and a bit inconvenienced. But if they were all one thing and I lost them, I would be totally and completely fucked, and hugely inconvenienced.
      But in a case like this, the phone would be a copy of your wallet to take with you when you leave the house, while your actual physical wallet would still exist, and were you to lose the phone, you could remote wipe it, replace it, reload the data, and continue with the same cards as before, using your actual wallet in the interim.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I fail to see the harm in some businessman somewhere knowing what brand of beef jerky you eat.
        it's less that, and more what you can find out from said purchase history. For example, back in the late 20th century, they could predict, just from the purchase history, how many kids you have, if you have a pet and what that pet is. Plus, recently some stores have sent out coupons based on those predictions, which have turned out to be too accurate, in that they predicted a woman was pregnant. Woman complained, then later called back. Why? she'd found out she actually was pregnant. Just think about that for a minute. from the purchase history alone, they predicted a pregnancy before the woman even knew about it. (and it wasn't the only case, incidentally, just the only one I know anything about)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          well my phone is... only partially smart. it's a tracfone that i can put facebook on.
          Hey, that's what I have! Thank you for making me feel less primitive.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I think it is probably prudent for me to keep my wallet and my phone separate....don't ya think?
            I not only keep my phone and wallet separate, I also have a separate credit card case. It's not so much for safety as it was my wallet getting too fat.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The frogourt is also cursed.
              That's bad.
              But it comes with a free smartphone app.
              That's good!
              The smartphone app tracks you 24 7.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I had a customer the other day pull up her store loyalty card on her phone. I seriously didn't even know you could do that, and now I want that app too.
                LemonWallet does that. I have a few loyalty cards, my AAA card and my library card on it

the app also suggested putting my ID on it but I'm not too keen on that. Plus I'm not sure what good that will do since AFAIK it doesn't have to be accepted as a legal ID card. supposedly you can also put your credit cards on it to track spending but again i'm not doing that either

Comment

Working...
                X