This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Barrels = Panic!

Some kind of construction has been going on lately on the freeway that entails just the shoulder being closed (as in, not the entire lane, but why anyone would ride the shoulder, other than to be a moron, I don't know), so what basically happens is you're tootling along, and all of a sudden you see the dreaded orange barrels and a sign with a blinking arrow that says SHOULDER CLOSED. Ok..

Lately, if time isn't of the essence, I will stick to the old highway with all the stoplights and slower speeds, just to avoid the moronic sheep.

Any time I'm on that freeway lately, I get behind a string of vehicles. The first person sees the orange barrels, immediately SLAMS on the brakes (despite there not being any signs of having to reduce speed), suddenly we're bumper to bumper going 50-55 or even slower in a 65 mph zone) and that lead person is still just freaking out about the damn barrels, going slower and slower, so all you see ahead of you is brake lights flashing in some sort of simultaneous fashion, like an idiot red light show.

After a few minutes of this, others get irritated, and all try to veer at once into the left lane to pass the frightened ones....which of course, leads to more brake lights because the first person trying to pass isn't quite going that fast either and everyone is all trying to pass at the same time, meaning no one is really paying attention....

That above scenario...has happened to me no less than 10 times this past month, on my way to or from the big city or to get to my bf's place out in the boonies. Most recently, it was last night on the way home from the mall, because I wanted to get home before everyone started going to bed.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Now we know the real reason why Barrels are the enemies of the Broarmy

Comment

Working...
    X