Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota's problem was actually in the friction resistance device meant to give the proper feel to the pedal movement. Over time, the friction would cause the material to wear and then it would stick and "pop" rather than glide smoothly.

I've had older cars that have had similar issues, where the pedal would stick in certain positions, and it would take a quick depress and release to rebound past the stick point while a slow release wouldn't.

The floor mat thing was their first claim, since they absolutely had to clear the electronics system, but while it may have been responsible for a few cases, it's actually pretty rare.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had a similar experience with a stuck accelerator pedal. In 1971 I was stopped at a light when a Volvo hit the rear of my car. The driver claimed the accelerator pedal stuck. I didn't believe him, but his insurance company paid for the damage. Seven years later I am working in the government office that does car recalls. I discovered that the guy's Volvo did have a recall for a stuck accelerator pedal.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
      X