This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    I sometimes wonder how many people around me on a given roadway are driving without licenses, proof of insurance, etc.
    Personally, I don't worry about people who are driving without their licenses on them, or without their proof of insurance, or without their registration paperwork.

I am FAR more worried about the people driving around me who don't have licenses, who don't have insurance, whose registration is expired, or who may have "borrowed" or flat out stolen the car from someone else.

Not having something required like a license or insurance is a major problem. Not having PROOF of it is a far more minor problem, to be honest, for both the drivers and anyone driving around them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

One day years ago, when I was working a hot food counter at a grocery store, and older man came by asking for my boss. One of the workers who had been there longer then I had a strange look on her face and quickly went to get the boss (who was in the back for some reason I don't recall).

It turns out that the man was the bosses ailing father, who lived with her so he could be taken care of by the family. He had a number of mental issues related to age, if I recall correctly. His liscense had been revoked a number of years previous because of those very same issues. It seems he used to visit her at work all the time after he retired to see how she was doing.

He remembered that the boss had a new job in a new store, and how to get there, but he didn't remember he wasn't allowed to drive anymore.

Boss did take her father home, and if I remember correctly, kept the spare keys to the spare vehicle on her at all times until he passed 6 months or so later.

She later said she was terrified he'd hurt himself or someone else when she found out he had been driving...

Comment

Working...
      X