This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have an ID. Use it.

This story is from years ago. I was 13 years old and was involved with a volunteer organization on the base we were stationed at at the time. I had a secretarial type position that they normally wouldn't even interview someone as young as me for, but apparently I gave off a more mature vibe and they ended up "hiring" me. It was at the education center, where local colleges would rent rooms and have classes.

One of my jobs was to ID everyone who came in the doors. Then I was to compare their names to this list and see where to direct them.

One of my first days on the job, a woman walked in wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I asked to see her ID.

Her: Oh, you don't need that. I work here.
    Me: I was instructed to ID everyone.
    Her: *cat butt face* Yeah, but I work here.
    Me: Just let me check that, please.

She eventually gave me her ID. I confirmed she worked there and I noted what she looked like so I didn't have to ID her again.

But, seriously, who sits there and argues with a kid about something as simple as normal procedures for the location, especially when you're dressed very abnormally for that location?

Quoth TexasT View Post
    But, seriously, who sits there and argues with a kid about something as simple as normal procedures for the location, especially when you're dressed very abnormally for that location?
    An idiot.

Oh wait, that response is too short.

...An entitled idiot.

Comment

Working...
    X