This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one of my favorite shows.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
      Nobody likes standing in a line-up, but customers seem to come in waves and land up at the till at the same time. Like lemmings
      I've noticed that quite a lot at my job, and always when someone is just about to go on break/lunch/clock out for the day. It's like they have some weird ESP about us.

That SC would've hated to come to my store. You usually have to stand in line twice; once at the fabric cutting counter, once at the register. I've had loads of people complain about that, too. Explaining the two-line concept by comparing it to buying paint from the hardware store or deli from the grocery store just goes right over their heads.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
        Nobody likes standing in a line-up, but customers seem to come in waves and land up at the till at the same time. Like lemmings
        I think of it as a herding instinct; like sheep, customers flock. XD

Where I work, at certain times of the day, the queues are right to the back of the store and cars are queuing up round the block. Honestly, we can have all three tills operating and STILL get whining SCs going, "But whhyyyyy do I have to quueeeuee?!"

At the end of the shift, we end up with one till operating as well, simply cuz the petrol station does not close itself and there are things we have to do before we can leave; ie bring in the sand buckets and fire extinguishers, lock the bunkers etc. So at half an hour before closing time, one collegue will cash up their till and go and do these things.

Unfortunately, we do sometimes get a last minute stampede of customers at that time, but it's simply not feasable for both collegues to stay on the till and serve. We'd never get all the closing down tasks done if we didn't start at half nine, so no matter how much SCs bitch, moan and complain, they're going to have to queue and either put up or shut up.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          All I can assume is that she is (ahem) "To the Manor Born".
          To the Manor Born, definitely - but clearly not "to the manners born".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X