This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should've just followed my instincts and stayed home

I really didn't want to get up and go to work today. But I remembered that today we were half full (for once) and it'll be easy money. How wrong I was.

First I had a couple of fussy old fools come in right after I got there. They had these expressions on their faces...like..."I'm so bored...and tired...I think I'll take it out on somebody so I'll feel SPECIAL."

It started with a question I get a lot: Where's a place to get some late night dinner? Though I'm not a conceirge, I'm supposed to look them up a place. But no, they don't have a car. Luckily there is a place open for dinner nearby. But they whine when I suggest it, "Noooo we ate there for lunch!!" Ookay and how I'm supposed to know that?

So finally they shuffle off and wander over to the breakfast bar, and they LOOK underneath in the cabinets to pull out some cereals. Ok whatever IDC. But then they whine that they have no milk to go with their cereals! So I'm like, ok, I'll go to the back and get them some. But no, when I come back I didn't get them enough! And the wrong kind! ARRRGH

So finally they shuffle off to bed. And then they start calling down, saying they need a "receptable" to catch their coffee. I.E. a coffee pot. ... I calmly explain that you're supposd to use your coffee cup in there, it goest directly iinto there AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! They even have helpful pictures and everything....some people...

So I hear no more from them finally. But then this...I don't know how to describe her, she thinks we're a library or a Fed Ex Kinko's. She's got these huge, ugly bags under her eyes and basically looks exhausted. So why doesn't she scoot off to bed if so tired? That's one of the great mysteries of my job. If tired, why not sleep? A hotel is made for zzzing. So do it!

Well, anyway, she has this really annoying, high pitched, breathy voice, saying "Like....excuse me?" I say yes? Can I help you? She says, "Like...is there like, a like, photocopier machine here?" I say yes we have one in the back. She then hands me a thick stack of papers. Oh great.
    So I take it and hope the old photocopier take it by stack for faster printer but no! It jams. So I have to do it one....by one....ugh. This'll take forever.
    Not 5 min. later, she says, "Excuse me? Like....excuse me?"
    So I go and say yes? She says, "Like...can't you do it faster? Doesn't it take by stack?" I say no, that I tried and it jammed. She says, "Well....never mind then. If it's going to take too long. I'm soooo tired. I'll have them back." So I say ok and hand it back.
    I expect she would grab, even snatch them back and hurry away since she's sooooo tired, but she stacks them real slooow, even though they're already stacked, and complains, "This is like....really frustrating. That I can't get my business done. I'm sooo unhappy," with a frown. I'm thinking, really when did we become a library or a fed ex/ kinko's? :\
    So finally she scoots off to bed. Since she's soooo tired, let's have a quiz. Did she:

A: go to sleep?
    B: Complain about the room?

Lol. Well. She called down and complained, of course, what're you crazy. She says the room smells...of smoke. Now wait a minute. Our hotel recently changed from smoking to all non smoking. But this was months and months ago. Ok, but sometimes some dumbasses are too lazy to get themselves outside to smoke. So they smoke in their rooms. Ok.
    But when I check, she's checked in hours ago. And now she smells smoke? Suspicious. But what about this encounter isn't?
    So whatever. I change her room. She comes down to pick up the new keys and guess what? She looks at her new keys, frowns, and says, "Like....do have anything like, closer? Cuz I don't wanna have to go so far. I'm soooo tired."
    WTF!
    SO I quickly change her room before she can like, change her mind and meanwhile she says, "Like...cuz I have to get up at 2 am to go to work tomorrow and I need all the sleep I can get, ya know? Ya know? How it is? I'm sooooooooo-" she moos this- "TIRED. I have to get up a 2-"
    Here I interuppt her with, "OKAY OKAY!" shout. Because I can't take her annoying voice any longer! I know it's rude-- BUT I JUST COULD TAKE IT ANY LONGER! *sob* and hand her her new keys to a room much closer. She goes up and calls me from the new room, asking for a wakeup call at 9 am. So....why....
    Oh yeah leater she calls me up to her room to listen to some noise that's not allowing her to sleep...I go up...very very faintly there's a whirring noise....from the HVAC system. I mean it was faint. She complains, "I soooo tired...soooo upset.....I'll get a refund tomorrow." I say no problem; heck, I'd seriously pay her out of my own pocket not to stay with us anymore!
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 09-24-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: she keeps going
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I'm sorry, is it really bad that I would have arranged for her to have a wake-up call at 2am?
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I'm sorry, is it really bad that I would have arranged for her to have a wake-up call at 2am?
      Lol. Of course it isn't! Also I forgot to add :P But wait theeere's more! I get on the phone with the manager and ask him what I should do if she's to ask for yet another room. For some reason I think she's a bit picky. So he says, no way! And call the GM. The GM wants to throw the "scammer" out! His words not mine. So she pelt me with even more calls, saying "Where's my refund? Gimme my refund!" So I had to give it to her to shut her up and the manager decided to call corporate to save us in case she complains to them. Get out complaint in first, we win!
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

It absolutely drives me nuts when guests go through our cupboards. And then for them to ask for milk on top of that? Never had that happened, but I would flat out tell them that milk is only available during breakfast hours. That's gotta take some nerve!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          It absolutely drives me nuts when guests go through our cupboards. And then for them to ask for milk on top of that? Never had that happened, but I would flat out tell them that milk is only available during breakfast hours. That's gotta take some nerve!
          Same here.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Once she says she'll get a refund, aren't all bets off so you can tell her, "OK NOW will you shut the fuck up?!!!"
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

sounds like she's tired because she didn't get her paperwork done on time and now has to skimp on even more sleep to fix her own mistakes. which is her personal problem, not yours.

Comment

This is going to sound horrible, especially since I would be doing it to somebody that is soooo tired.... but when I was working front desk, if it was early in the evening, i.e. before the person had slept, and not the next morning- If a person said that they would be complaining to corporate or asking for a refund, I would kick them out. They aren't sleeping here for free. And people kicked out without charge are, by definition, not our customers, so corporate didn't even log their complaints.

So like Sheldonrs said, once she said refund, and you know you're not making any money off her- why indulge her? She can haul her tired bones to another hotel and be their problem.
                "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Working...
                X