This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for That

Quickie for you guys since I really don't deal with that many sucky customers.

I developed a mild case of laryngitis and all of my customer interactions are over the phone. I was on the phone with one customer for an hour explaining everything to her. She wasn't sucky, she was just confused and that was fine.

However, by the end of that phone call, my voice went from bad to almost gone.

There was another customer I was dealing with who was very persisitant and called three times while I was on the phone, so I gave them a call back after I had finished my hour long call.

While we were ironing out the details, he had this lovely gem for me.

"Woodensunshine, no offence, but you sound awful."

Well, gee thanks for that. You're really endearing yourself to me.

We joked and negotiated and at the end of the call, he asked me if he should call me or email me if he had any more questions. I told him I will not be picking up my phone the rest of the day

Edit: He did send me an email wishing me well...so I guess I can forgive him.

Quoth WoodenSunshine View Post
    I developed a mild case of laryngitis and all of my customer interactions are over the phone.
    Ouch. My sympathies. I've been rather hoarse the last few days myself, and it seems the worse my voice is, the more the customers want me to talk to them.
    Quoth WoodenSunshine View Post
    Edit: He did send me an email wishing me well...so I guess I can forgive him.
    That was nice of him.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's been going around up here. Mostly in schools, but I'm a susceptible.

Worse yet, I talked to a customer service rep (they transfer calls to us) who had developed larygitis too. They're on the phone much more often than we are. At least I have the option of email

Comment

Working...
      X