Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And this is the reason this website exists...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And this is the reason this website exists...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...at-Amazon.html

A highly comical Target training manual about some program designed to create "Amazing" experiences for their customers.

Sad to think the moron in the suit who thought it was a great idea is making a ton more money than the poor floor people who will have put up with it.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo

I may never go into Target again just because of that.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This actually seems tame compared with what we went through a few years back. And....I still have the manual! "WSSA - Wowing Service with a Smiling Attitude". And we had three tiers of "WSSA Certification", with a nametag showing what tier we were in and a small raise for each tier. The training happened. The nametags and raises never did. The program, thankfully, gradually faded into oblivion, though I still have nightmares about the guy in the videos going "That's WSSA!" in that annoying, over-enthusiastic tone....

I feel for Target employees. My company did the same thing. Yes, service is important, but those overly-patronizing training programs are just stupid.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

"wait for the audience to say Yeah!" - cracks me up.

It has been a very long time since I worked at Target - but if it is now how it was like then - I don't see how the employees have time to do these things let alone the staff on the floor to do so.

Comment

Working...
        X