Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Burped, They Burped, Everybody Burped.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Burped, They Burped, Everybody Burped.

So, this last weekend we decided to partake of the combined pasta/pizza goodness of our local Pizza Hut. So, I go online and place the order, opting for a double dose of the pasta and a single large pizza.

Forty minutes later (they're always early ), up pulls the delivery driver and Nekojin goes out to handle the transaction while I play dog wrangler.

We get inside and I start looking over everything and realized that, oops, there's not enough boxes. One of our pastas was not included.

He gets on the phone and calls the store up, letting them know that we're missing the chicken pasta and noting that we were charged for it, and he works out with them that we'd like to have the missing item delivered at their convenience.

Ten minutes later and my cellphone rings. I answer, and it's a nice lady from Pizza Hut calling to inform me that they are very sorry but they have run out of the beef pasta and only have the chicken pasta remaining. To which I respond that while that is a bummer (Nekojin prefers the beef, and we already had an order of the chicken), another chicken pasta will be just fine with us.

The nice lady sounds happy (and a bit relieved) that I'm amenable to the solution offered and our missing pasta is soon on it's way.

Where, you ask, was my own brain burp?

Well, it turns out that we actually had in hand a beef pasta and were missing the chicken, instead. So, despite the fact that I got it wrong, fate was on my side and conspired to get me the pasta order I really wanted instead of the one I thought I was missing.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

I thought you had said that you needed the chicken pasta before....but yeah that's perfect.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

and here i was expecting you to post that the italian food made you burpy.

at my first (and last) pizza job, the stuff we slung always gave me gas

but i'm glad your "burp" was really a psuedoburp of sorts.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 10-05-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X