This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an Interview! :D

So, I've been spending the most of this week freaking out a little bit because I need a new job fast and not working has been driving me batty. (Yeah, I'm weird in where if I don't have a job, I'm not worrying because of money, I'm going insane from not doing something on days.)

So I threw out a bunch of applications, and just now I got a call back from one of the applications that I sent to be a pet groomer. I got an intervieeww! She said she really likes what she's heard (basically because I used to work at a vet clinic so prior experience woot!)

$8.00 base plus commission. Sounds good to me! :3 Wish me luck everyone!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!
    Good luck!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Any update? I hope you get it!
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Update:

Just got back from my interview, and I do believe it was amazing. She was very vocal about how my answers to particular questions were very good and very professional. I really enjoyed answering the question that boiled down to, "How would you respond to an SC?"

She also said that she was very pleased that I had remembered I had an interview today (since it was made about a week and a half ago) and that it shows I'm responsible. At the end she kept repeating how She loved what she was hearing and that I seemed very knowledgeable about dogs, which is very good.

In the end she commented that I should definitely hear from her by next week - as she had three more interviews to conduct. I think though that my knowledge and prior experience in customer service, retail, and working with dogs of all sizes and temperaments (IE that I'm comfortable with red zone dogs) are going to give me a nice edge though.
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Another update:

Just got a call back for a second interview! The first one was with the salon manager (so who would be my direct boss) and this one is with the store manager, though from how the salon manager described it, it's really just a formality. So here's hoping! Wish me another round of luck! :3

Comment

*crosses fingers and toes*
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Okay, back from the interview. Apparently I have one other person as competition for the job slot, so here's hoping they pick me!

She said that she'd call me tomorrow either way, which I have to say I'm really glad for. I was going a bit crazy this past week wondering if no call so far meant I didn't get the job.

Comment

Any news?

Rapscallion

Comment

She ended up not calling on Friday :/ So I feel a bit annoyed and let down. Still no call and it's Wednesday, so I've pretty much given up on that one. Too bad for them, in my opinion

I'll find something, just gotta keep chugging along. My friend is helping me rewrite and update my resume for submission to administration positions, so let's see if something comes out of that!

Comment

Hopefully you'll find a good job soon. I know how you feel about not working. I'm still trying to find something to get me through until May when I can go back to the train. At least I was able to get unemployment but I'd much rather be working.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                    X