This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow...

Amazing what can happen in two days of two women sitting around looking through SCORES of paperwork, and building our family tree through 3 family names...

except we're SOMEHOW missing an entire generation?!

Seriously....We've traced great great great great grandpa Allison (yes that was the name), traced him down 2 generations, can't find his line for an entire generation before we pick up in the current generation. (hope that makes some sense...)

I've finally figured out where my grandparents on my mom's side of the family came from and who all these people are that I've been meeting are now related to me, and finding out i have a HUGE family......all distantly related through second cousins and third cousins.... or something like that.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Did that missing generation live in the colony of Roanoke or something?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You know it looks like there is a missing generation for me except kids just weren't had at the "normal" time.

Comment

In my mom's extended family, my sister and I are the probably youngest in our generation, and there are people FAR older than us in the next two generations. (My grandad had 13 siblings )
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My mother has an aunt born the same day she was. Boy did that cause a lot of confusion as family tried to inform other family from opposite coasts.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My Moms side gets a bit hard to trace at times due to a "brother" actually being a "son" in one generation. 1800's and unmarried so her parents raised him.

Comment

Working...
            X