This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    My story was from before 1996, when that rule went into place, and it was rather larger than the 1 meter diameter limit.

^-.-^
    If it is the one in my area, it was a large dish disquised as a picnic table, long before the small dishes were available..
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Reminds me of what my college (now university) tried to do some years back. They tried to force students into not displaying college logos, sorority/fraternity letters and symbols in the windows...of their off-campus apartments. I could have somewhat understood if it was on college property. But several blocks away? Pardon my French, but fuck that. Most of the "offenders" had the same attitude--it's not their property, there's not a damn thing they could do about it. Once that was pointed out to the college administration, it was quickly dropped.
      On the other hand, the college could have taken a different tack, nameley treat it as a "code of conduct" issue. Make the decree that "Students of College X will not post college logos or sorority/fraternity identifiers at their residences in such a manner that they are visible to passerby on the street. Persons making such postings will cease to be students of College X". Surprised they didn't do that.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        On the other hand, the college could have taken a different tack, nameley treat it as a "code of conduct" issue. Make the decree that "Students of College X will not post college logos or sorority/fraternity identifiers at their residences in such a manner that they are visible to passerby on the street. Persons making such postings will cease to be students of College X". Surprised they didn't do that.
        Problem was, that many businesses and residences (of non-students, or students that had graduated) in town had college banners and logos in or on their establishments. They would have been hard-pressed to prove if a current student even lived at some of those addresses...or even posted the "offending" logo in the first place! I mean, even after I graduated, I still had my service fraternity logo in my workshop window.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
          Yes and no. We recently had two articles in the local paper about political signs. Local governments do have time limits on signs being posted....
          http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...etter_wai.html

But the Supreme court ruled back in 1994 that time limits don't matter when it's private property....
          http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/201...ee_speech.html

HOA's do have different rules since when you live there you agree to abide by their rules. So if they have time limits you do need to adhere to them. But as for dishes, those are also allowed, with restrictions...
          http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-r...n-devices-rule
          well that's a bit weird then. i mean the contradictions & all.

and off topic but... we just unpacked the fall/winter clothes recently. I have on some OCC sweat pants. (not that the locals here would recognize it though)

Comment

Working...
          X