This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defensive power of sheep

This guy wasn't really sucky, but engaged in the kind of behaviour that royally annoys me. Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

[Background]
    On Wednesday evening, my friends and I were returning from our regular bi-weekly dinner. We were standing at bus stop talking and, as usual, our topics of conversation lurched wildly from one random item to another.
    [/Background]

At one stage we moved from talking about Shaun the Sheep (an amusing series from Aardman animations of Wallace and Gromit fame) to some old point and click games I made as Flash projects during one of my many educational journeys.

At this point, we were approached by a stranger. This "gentleman" started rattling on to us about him dossing from work (at 9pm, mind you) and being a fan of videogames and I could tell by instinct that this guy was about to launch into some kind of spiel. Then he mentioned overhearing us talking about videogames and, without missing a beat I looked at my friends and replied with "I thought we were talking about sheep?"

You would have thought that those seven words had turned him into a Weeping Angel, he froze so fast. I blinked once and he was gone, 10 feet down the street talking to another group of people. We just looked at each other and laughed.

And that, my friends is the story of how I discovered the incredible defensive power of the common sheep.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Don't mess with sheep, man. they'll f*ck you up.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Sheep don't screw around man!

Seriously.
      Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 10-05-2012, 04:31 PM.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Why do I think the "video game" he was going to rhapsody about was likely of the XXX variety? And his brain finally heard sheep and was already thinking of buggering... yeah... his brain probably BSOD and be grateful for it
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post

Sheep don't screw around man!

Seriously.
          LOL My rambouillet Rambeau weighed in at 250 pounds/115 kilos. Notice them horns? Most people get worried about a 75 pound goat coming at them with an idea of ramming, a seriously pissed off ram can *kill* someone.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Back when I was a kid, on one visit to the PNE my mother took me to the petting zoo. There was a "put in the coin and turn the knob" vending machine for animal treats (this was inside the animal area), and my mother saw a sheep standing next to it. She's fairly sizeable, and had braced in anticipation of what the sheep would do. Even so, the sheep pushed her out of the way and gobbled the entire allotment of treats out of the machine.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I like how that second sheep takes a few steps back to have room to build up momentum before butting the fisher into the water.

If you're a fan of Grimm, last weeks' episode featured some sheep that weren't so hot on the defense, but certainly worked out their offense.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'll trade you sheep for wood!

/settlersofcatan

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                  I'll trade you sheep for wood!
                  Sorry, I'm looking for bone or flint. I've got hides for trade.

Yeah, yeah, I'm older than you are. Stop making jokes...

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

I've got ochre....but I'll have papyrus soon!

/obscure game is obscure
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'll trade cabbage for papy.

/another obscure game

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                        I've got ochre....but I'll have papyrus soon!

/obscure game is obscure
                        Only when you a full set of spices or dye will I be impressed.

/grognard

Comment

Working...
                        X