X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All you can eat? Not here!

http://www.wlwt.com/news/national/-G...z/-/index.html

How can they call it all you can eat if there's a limit?

Guess it depends on the real size of the bowls. Not ordering drinks shouldn't be a factor. Not tipping, that's wrong, especially since you have to like the food if you're reordering that many times.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdGDkawumS8

Does this sound like a man who had "all he could eat"? XD
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'd say not ordering drinks was a big factor, along with what items they got (normal mix of starch, veggies, and meat, or heavy on the meat and light on everything else).

To my understanding, AYCE prices are set based on what a normal person would eat, when ordering normal "extras" like drinks (even a "bottomless" soda or coffee). At buffets, I tend to feel like a pig for getting 2 plates of hot food, a plate of salad, a bowl of soup, and a salad plate with dessert-type items (fruit, jello, and cookies/cake). Getting 5 bowls of food (again, no size was given, but I can understand a SC complaining about the bowls being small even if they were dishpan-size) is abusing it.

A few months back, the TA truck stop chain had to change their "menu AYCE" (at non-buffet locations) to "double-take" (only one re-order) because people were abusing it. Personally, I feel overstuffed with 2 small (I believe they're in the 4 to 6 ounce range) steaks, 2 baked potatoes, and the soup and salad bar that comes with them. How could anyone gobble down more than 2 servings? Of course, I've seen some truck drivers who look like their rigs should have dual steer axles (like some concrete mixers have) - that probably answers my question.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You big boy! Go home now!

Comment

A few months back, the TA truck stop chain had to change their "menu AYCE" (at non-buffet locations) to "double-take" (only one re-order) because people were abusing it.
            Yep. All it takes is a few special people abusing it to ruin it for everyone else.

like... going to a "donations only" bake sale and taking the biggest item (an entire pie) and only leaving a dollar. Allowed? Yes. Doesn't mean it's not rude though.

Comment

Working...
            X