Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any bets on how long before this dealership folds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bets on how long before this dealership folds?

A dealership accidentally undercharged a customer some $5,000 for a car ... when the customer didn't return phone calls, text messages and snail mail letters, the dealership called the police ... and told them the customer had stolen the vehicle.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/strange-au...-pricing-error

Dennis Ellmer, president of Priority Chevrolet, says his staff erred when they called the police on Sawyer, and says he wants to make things right by letting him keep the SUV and the $5,600 difference.
    So... they signed the legally binding contract, then got pissy that they fucked it up, pressed false charges against the customer...

and now they think saying "well you can keep it and the difference" somehow absolves them?
    Yeah I'd be plenty pissed if I was him too.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 10-06-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

The last few paragraphs said that the customer lawyered up. I think I would as well--a deal's a deal. Either way, I don't think this dealership will be around that long.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The end of the article said the dealership had bought back the car for more than its value.

It wasn't mentioned, but I suspect they have two new job openings for mechanics.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X