Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried to tell you this register keypad was bad...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to tell you this register keypad was bad...

I screwed up entering a check payment

Customer wanted $12.00 cash back (or something; her total was $38.36 and she writes a check for $50, then gives me the 36 cents). The 0 key on this register is somewhat well-known as having issues, so while I thought I had typed in 1200 ($12) what wound up going through was .12 (12 cents). She spots this on the screen and starts going off, then the customers behind her decide to get antsy about it so I got a bit flustered.

I was able to stop the MICR from actually printing the check, so we keep it for deposit; I give her $12 (which I probably shouldn't have done as now my drawer would come up short, but I'm not sure what else I could have done as she was starting to make a scene 'I want to make sure you give me my money!', at that time of course no manager was to be found and the one person I could ask to get a manager is close to useless) and am able to tell MOD shortly afterwards. He said not to worry as long as we have the check.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X