X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lovecats View Post
    .... That craving for a Reeses...
    Everybody loves me.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
      Oh dear Lord, the jingle they play over the loudspeakers at the Hershey's Chocolate Factory from my trip to Pennsylvania is stuck in my head...ARRRRGH!
      I almost forgot about that song. Thanks for getting that in my head.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        I was always told that if it was for two items at a special price you had to get both or it would ring up at regular price.
        That's the exact same case at the c-store I work at..
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          At some retailers, that's true. At others, you can buy one and it'll ring up at half price.

This is especially true at my store with the BOGO items or anything that's a multiple (say, 3/10.00)

Once in a while we'll have an exception to that. Say if we're running a Buy More Save More sale on Coke 2 ltrs, they'd be 1 at regular shelf price - say it's $1.59, 2 for $.1.25 each, 3 for $.99 or 4 for $.89.

And this will be fully explained in the ad and on the POS signage on all displays and the shelf. Doesn't stop customers from being confused, however.
          That's the thing that always confused me.

I mean, I can understand paying a little more for a 2-liter over a 20-oz bottle. But when you have the 20-oz. for, say, $1.69, and a 2-liter of the same product for $1.49, it turns into a case of 'You get more than three times the product, for less? What the hell is wrong here?'.

Comment

Quoth Tiberious View Post
            'You get more than three times the product, for less? What the hell is wrong here?'.
            From the production side, simple supply and demand. The costs of delivering 'X' to the shelf are already met; labor, packing, transport, etc. Those costs are roughly the same for each given quantity of the product regardless of form factor. When the product itself has a wide profit margin before a sales decline, you can get your example. (And sugar water has a VERY wide margin.)

From the consumption side, personal choice, convenience, eco-conscienceness, space availability. . .

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              From the production side... *snip* ...From the consumption side, personal choice, convenience, eco-conscienceness, space availability. . .
              Also, some places will put out a popular product as a loss-leader to temp people in for a short time. If it's done right & they have a reasonable profit margin on other things that tend to be bought at the same time, then they can make more money overall, even if they're making a loss on that one item.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
              X