This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Bus Driver!

I got on the bus, swiped my card on the reader and got the message "NO TICKETS REMAINING", so I dug into my pockets, trying to fish out $3 to pay cash. No luck. Found a $5 (smallest bill in Canada) in my wallet, but the driver asked where I was going and said, "I'll let you ride for free since it's not that far and you were gonna transfer [for free] anyway, you can buy more [electronic] tickets at the drugstore on the corner where you get off and then the other bus stops right across the street".

Awesomeness. I got off where I needed to, got my tickets, and then just managed to catch my other bus, making my trip in the same time and at the same expense as if I had had tickets remaining when I had to get on the first bus.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Warms the cockles, don't it?

And this is what EWs and SCs miss out on --- someone having FAITH in them as a decent human being. Sure, their moaning and screeching probably gets them more freebies, but it will never get them the common courtesy the driver extended to you.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      And this is what EWs and SCs miss out on --- someone having FAITH in them as a decent human being. Sure, their moaning and screeching probably gets them more freebies, but it will never get them the common courtesy the driver extended to you.
      You know what I find most distressing?

They probably don't really care.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I can't remember if I've ever told my great bus driver story...

I rode the same route to my college food service job and back every day. I'd chat with the drivers. Work was at the end of the route, so the drivers would come in for their breaks, too. To get to the bus stop, I went out my door, turned right, passed a house, crossed the street (which had a stoplight), and the stop was on that corner.

One morning I was running late. I heard the bus, so I grabbed my stuff and flew out the door, hoping the light at the corner was red. But...

He had stopped right outside the door! He had the door open for me, too. I guess he looked ahead at the stop and didn't see me. (Yes, he ate free that day.)

This wasn't creepy; he knew where I lived. When he (and one other guy) took me home at night, they'd wait until they saw me get in the door before they left. So, 35 years ago, chivalry wasn't dead. (And "common sense" and "common courtesy" weren't oxymorons.)

And the other guy, when he found out I was having a hard time making ends meet, brought me about twenty pounds of elk and venison. Yum!
        I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
        - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
        X