This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Raveni View Post
    Her manager insisted that she take an ambulance ride to the hospital. She was checked out for a concussion, and released when it turned out negative. Just some bumps, bruises, and scrapes, and she was back to work the next week.
    YAY for the manager. You/she got a good one there.

And thank goodness she had such minor injuries. It could have been so, so much worse.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

We had a similar thing happen to the IHOP in town. Someone put a drive thru into it. The driver was 19, drunk and going 90 in a 40. He also injured the passengers in his car severely.

There is also the time that someone left the bar at 10AM. Drove all the way through Pizza Hut's dining room (an hour later it would have been packed) and hit Subway. I think he blew a .2 at 10 AM!
      Last edited by Victory Sabre; 10-16-2012, 09:22 PM.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Something similar happened to my grandmother a while back. She accidentally hit the gas and drove into the local ice cream place. Fortunately there was only minor damage and she was all right. She was so embarrassed about the whole thing that she'd ask her girl friends to go in and get her stuff afterwards. (She's since stopped driving for other reasons.)
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          i think the only thing more entitled would have been if she tried to blame them for putting a building in her way.
          Or as one of my dad's high school teachers put it after he got reverse instead of low and backed into a tree: "Voos far a meshiggener hat du verflantzed a boym?!" (yiddish: What kind of a lunatic planted a tree here?)

Hey, if you're talking about chutzpah, you've got to include at least some Yiddish in the story...

Comment

"THERE USED TO BE A DRIVE-THRU HERE? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU GOT RID OF IT?!?!"
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
              I had someone drive through the front of C-Store, trashing the checkout counter, the registers, and one of the cashiers in the process. She called the complaint line the next day asking for free stuff because the store called the police and she had to spend time talking to them while she was upset.
              Wait just a damn minute.

Back the truck up.

This woman HIT A HUMAN BEING with her car? And apparently was not charged with reckless driving or other criminal charges? And she felt like SHE was being unfairly treated?

Your cashier should hit this woman with a civil suit for damages.

Comment

Odd this topic should come up. Just the other day, a guy confused gas with brake, or forward with reverse, or both, and drove through the front of one of the two grocery stores in the town I work in. From what I understand, much panic ( and sprinklers going off) ensued, but no one was hurt, thankfully. The closest I came was when a woman actually came up onto the curb and toward the store right on the other side of the wall from the cash wrap area, where I was standing. She barely managed to get her car stopped just INCHES from coming through that wall, right at me. Scared the shit out of me, needless to say. ETA: When the woman came in, she said something along the lines of "Oh, I missed the brake"...I wanted to ask her "YOU THINK??"
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

We had a mad rash of folks, mostly older women, driving through buildings. And it's starting up again it seems as I've heard of a few new ones recently.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                    \This woman HIT A HUMAN BEING with her car? And apparently was not charged with reckless driving or other criminal charges? And she felt like SHE was being unfairly treated?

Your cashier should hit this woman with a civil suit for damages.
                    I know that the driver did get at least a ticket.

My cashier ended up being fine, and my company made everything right by her financially.

That's not to say that my company didn't make sure that the driver/her insurance company wasn't held accountable financially, but I can't really talk about lawsuits like that here with the way my State handles public records like that.

Comment

1) Back in the Late 70s, my mom was working in a Fotomat booth and had someone drive though her booth while she was working. This person had just robbed a bank and in the process of getting away, drove through the parking lot the booth was in, and then drove into the booth, completely trashing it. It also did a number on the cop car that was at the window on the other side when it happened. Pushed the roof off the building, and onto the cop car.

Luckily, other then a bruise on her shin she had for about 6 months, she was fine..

(Fotomat Booth)
                      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7b/Fotomat.jpg

2) A fiend of mine was working in a local video store as they had someone drive into the front of it. The driver tried to convince my friend not to call the cops because she wasn't suppose to be driving that car since the brakes were bad.

He told her "You just drove through the front doors, I think someone is going to notice." and called them.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                      X