This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh? Why me?

I was working my night audit shift (as usual) and a dude came to checkin. He did not have a reservation. Our owner's rule is that unknown guests must produce drivers license and valid credit card. I asked for such and was told that no, he did not even own a credit card. I declined to check him in but did state that we could do it for a 200 dollar cash deposit. (this is normally what we do for non credit card peoples. Oh boy did this guy get upset.

He told me he was with this company that sends us people all the time. I then stated oh ok then I could take his cash only and he said:

"oh now it is okay, huh?"

My response is that we are ok without a credit card if the guest is part of a company that has an account with us.

Then, he starts asking about better rates and even gets on the phone with another hotel while I am trying to ask him for his phone number. Our rate for his company was already 45 dollars less per night than what we are charging everyone else - and this was not good enough?

His whole attitude just smacked of entitlement.

Were it me, no DL (or other form of Gov't issued photo ID) no room. Period.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

makes me kinda wonder how his company would feel about him acting like that in their name

Comment

At least you have the option of cash. I don't. When I started working my job, there were 5 other hotels in the city that would take cash deposits without a credit card. That number has since dropped down to... 1. And people complain all the time about it. Basically management at these various locations got tired of the bad apples and the problems they were causing (probably multiple issues of stolen items & room damage).

/Sold out every night this week already. I can't wait to be dealing with complaints from people who can't get a room in the city and have to drive an hour out of town!
        Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
          Basically management at these various locations got tired of the bad apples and the problems they were causing (probablylikely multiple issues of stolen items & room damage).
          Fixed for your convenience.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He needs a good smack. I hate it when people call other hotels while checking in. Are you going to stay here, or not? If not, gtfo of my face! Thank you! :/
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I showed up this evening with no reservation. I gladly showed him my DL, and let him scan my credit card. But I was prepared with alternatives if he were to say "we're full" - I had listings of second-choices already prepared.

I think this is how it is supposed to be done - in a completely adult manner. (Also, reading all the hotel-clerk/auditor stories here have helped me be more concerned. I hope I will never be called an SC.)

(I'm currently driving from San Diego to New Jersey, and have been staying in several motels.)
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
              X