Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really don't understand completely whether allergies are genetic or not. Generally speaking, because a parent is allergic to something doesn't mean the child will be.

My Dad was allergic to penicillin. Neither my brother or I are.

I'm allergic to citrus (I can eat it is small doses). My brother is not. His son is.

If you're allergic to something and you're worried about your kids, just watch them but don't try to insulate them from all potential allergens unless the doctor says otherwise. Odds are the kid will be fine. If you suspect an allergic reaction, see your doctor.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The main reason I am asking is both my Husband and Oldest Daughters are highly allergic to Cephlosporins. Both my Husband and I are allergic to bee stings. He just swells real bad and gets hives, I have to carry an epipen and go straight to the ER. Our Oldest is like her Dad and our Youngest, we found out last weekend with a call from her college that she was on her way to the ER is like me

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
        Both my Husband and I are allergic to bee stings. He just swells real bad and gets hives,
        Was that wording intentional?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
          The main reason I am asking is both my Husband and Oldest Daughters are highly allergic to Cephlosporins. Both my Husband and I are allergic to bee stings. He just swells real bad and gets hives, I have to carry an epipen and go straight to the ER. Our Oldest is like her Dad and our Youngest, we found out last weekend with a call from her college that she was on her way to the ER is like me
          Given the unusual circumstances in your family, it wouldn't hurt to be extra cautious and take steps at the first sign of an allergic reaction. You can also talk to your doctor about pre-medicating when taking something that could provoke a reaction.

I'm allergic to tetanus, but needed a booster on TDaP for my job. Getting the diphtheria and Pertussis by themselves would have been expensive, so my doc just put me on a course of steroids and an antihistamine for a few days to prevent a reaction. Worked like a charm.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X