This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining Christmas, I mean, Tax Time

The leader of one of our local non-profit clubs came in today to complain that we didn't give the club's gambling manager information regarding some of the club's accounts. They needed information to complete reporting to the state for their charitable gambling accounts. The deadline was yesterday. The fellow came in yesterday.

This club changed their officers a month ago. Monday, they finally came in and changed the signers on their checking accounts. Nobody mentioned CDs until this gambling manager came in looking for information. The meeting minutes they brought in (to document who was authorized to sign) listed checking accounts but not CDs.

Privacy laws and regulations forbid us from giving out information to someone who's not authorized on an account. I explained this to the club leader, and his reply? "Now we're going to have to pay a penalty, since we didn't get the report filed in time."

Say it with me. "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I apologized, even though it's not my fault. I processed the changes, described in the meeting minutes, for the accounts listed on their meeting minutes. I can't even tell them the club has other accounts with us.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Don't forget "Waiting until the last minute is YOUR fault, not mine."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X