This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ihome Mylife notebook Webcam

I have two issues here. My tower has a sideways drive (won't hold the small disk that comes with it) AND the website driver causes a BSoD. I've looked for solutions, but can't find any..is there ANYWAY to work around this? Model number IH-W313NR
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

If you are careful you can turn the computer sideways in order to use the disk

Comment

Quoth dougall View Post
      If you are careful you can turn the computer sideways in order to use the disk
      Wait..why the heck didn't I think of this? Doh. A simple solution (and I consider myself kind of logical), and I missed it entirely.

Already gave the webcam as a gift, and have another coming in, but that would have most likely worked.

Edit : Since the person I gave it to lives with me, I tried it. Good news is the media software that comes with it works, but still get the BSoD with the camera drivers.. Just not compatible with my windows 7 methinks. Meh, I have a much better one coming so..just going to close the books on this one.
      Last edited by Mytical; 10-22-2012, 05:20 PM.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

What are you using the drive for? Is it for one of those discs that are smaller than a CD or DVD? If so, can you go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers (which are probably more up-to-date) instead? If the drive is in a cage with other drives, you should be able to remove it and rotate it at a 90 degree angle, then reinsert and secure it.

Comment

It is one of those discs that is smaller then normal. The problem is when I download the drivers from the website, the same exact thing happens. I managed to load the disk, get it to work..and the same thing happened. Pretty much done with it. No more Ihome for me.

Comment

Working...
          X