This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost had a third kitteh

If anyone lives in the Somerset County area in Pennsylvania and wants a sweet kitten, check out the Humane Society there.

My family owns vacation property back in Pennsylvania (our property is actually on the hill right next to the hill where Flight 93 crashed on 9/11). We have a trailer back there and my parents and I went to close it up for the winter.

Saturday morning, we were trying to think of things to do, and we happened to stop by the Humane Society just to look around. We left and went back to the trailer. As we were watching television, my mom heard a sound. She asked if it was my phone, and I said no. She told my dad to turn down the volume, and then we heard the sound she was talking about.

"Mew."

My mom told me to open the door and see if there was a kitten on the porch. I opened the door and, sure enough, there was a little all-black kitten sitting there, no collar or tag or anything. I opened the screen door and she hesitantly walked into the house. As soon as I closed the screen door, she threw herself at it and started freaking out, but she was fine as soon as we brought her some chicken.

We let her back out for the night because we didn't really know what else to do. We had plans for the night and we didn't know if she'd damage the trailer in any way.

She came back Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon, she was crawling up into my lap and curling up, purring happily. Any time I moved or set her down, she'd purposely walk over to me and curl up against me. Monday morning, we came home, and we took her to the Humane Society on the way. My parents and I wanted to keep her, but we already have two cats and our financial situation at the moment barely allows us to get them everything they need.

My mom's friend named her for us: Ebony. That's the name we gave to the Humane Society when they took her in. We found it kind of ironic that we had just gone to the Humane Society earlier in the day Saturday and then she showed up.

So yeah, if anyone wants a sweetheart and lives out there, check her out.

I'll post pics later. I posted a pic on Facebook, so anyone who's friends with me on there may have already seen it.

Awww....

Want kitteh
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Aw, good thing you didn't say Bucks County or I might be tempted...Somerset is a bit far. (Though if I were to get a cat there are lots of little ones at the adoption center at the mall.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X