Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for medical workers who've dealt with emergencies.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    "Da Da Da Da Stayin' Alive Stayin' Alive" over and over in your head.
    I don't know. If I came upon a rescue scene (or was being rescued), I think I'd find this kinda reassuring. "Hey - this person's so calm and confident they're doing mood music for the CPR!"

And a quick thanks to all you med/first responder types in this thread and out there in the world. Hope I never need you, but VERY glad you're there.

Comment

My mom was on 6 litres of oxygen an hour and still smoked. Sometimes she'd take her nose cannula off, sometimes she wouldn't. Same with sometimes she's stay awake while smoking, sometimes she'd fall asleep and with how cigarettes are as of late, they'll go out on their own if you aren't continuously smoking on them.

This time, she left her cannula in and fell asleep, when she woke up it had shorted itself out. When you re light these smokes that go out on their own, they flame up a bit like a birthday candle before going out to just the usual embers in a matter of a second.

Shorted smoke+ flame+high levels of oxygen= extra cripsy mom.

It was about 4:30 in the morning and I was the one who called 911 and dealt with the cop, and the volunteer firefighters and EMTs in my house, of whom, I knew about 90% of them since it's a very small town. Sat in the front seat of the ambulance and joked with the driver almost the entire way to the hospital, I went to school with two of his younger brothers, so we knew each other in passing already.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        I don't know. If I came upon a rescue scene (or was being rescued), I think I'd find this kinda reassuring. "Hey - this person's so calm and confident they're doing mood music for the CPR!"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxjxfB4zNk or they know Vinnie...
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          TOO funny, thank you.

(Off to dig out Lock, Stock, and...)

Comment

Working...
          X