Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will gladly pay a small fee to engage in laziness.

I can afford it, so I'm going to do it. And I'm not going to act like a douchebag and complain about it, either.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In most cases the delivery driver does NOT directly receive any of the delivery charge. That usually goes straight to the store as a hedge against price increases as someone mentioned above.

I get paid sub-sub-minimum wage ($5.25 on the road), abuse my own vehicle, pay my own expences, get $1 for each delivery reguardless of distance (works out to about 23 cents a mile reimbursment) or road conditions (construction detours or massive traffic tie-ups after a home football game).

The funny thing is is that these guys mostly likely get paid $20 or better per hour to work on semi-trucks or be a supervisor (which the second guy in my OP was) so it is NOT like they are hurting for $$$$s.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        I think he ment his tirade as a "message" but as we all know that "message" just pisses off the driver and only the driver and lowers our opinion of humanity in general.
        Here's a "message" right back at him: If you have a complaint with a company, TALK TO CORPORATE. The people who deliver your pizza / wait your table / ring up your purchases are on the very bottom rung of the ladder and have no say at all in company policy. Screaming at them only shows that you are a bully and too stupid to take it upstairs.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Here's a "message" right back at him: If you have a complaint with a company, TALK TO CORPORATE. The people who deliver your pizza / wait your table / ring up your purchases are on the very bottom rung of the ladder and have no say at all in company policy. Screaming at them only shows that you are a bully and too stupid to take it upstairs.
          I tried in a polite and diplomatic manner to say exactly that but we all know that fell on deaf ears and blind eyes as I SURELY have the power of Greyskull over my corp overmasters.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            - I have never heard of a food delivery place that provides drivers with vehicles
            When I make deliveries in the Montreal area, I see a lot of St. Hubert (chicken restaurant) cars - company logo is painted on, along with a unit number, and all are the same make/model. I'd assume that those are company-provided vehicles, since in my industry (trucking), even places with a paint code for O/Os don't dictate the make and model of truck.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

"You guys are missing out on money/sales from us"

Oh really, then what am I doing here?
              "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

wolfie - cool ^_^ Different corp's, different ways. The ones I've worked for have always been either too small (one-store operation) or too cheap to do something like that.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X