Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexico: Land of Enchantment, This Town? Land of Entrapment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico: Land of Enchantment, This Town? Land of Entrapment!

The parade of "THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!!!" letters I've been getting at the front desk via Email this week continues.

The other mornin' I got a real gem written by someone who feels that because they were only going to be "a minute", and they weren't parking, just stopping the car to drop some stuff off, and since nobody warned them they'd get ticketed/towed if they did that, (ignoring the 6 or so signs in that lot that say "PRIVATE: permit parking only" on the various walls of that building) well, we "trapped" them and that's not fair/legal/nice whatever. Since they were legally parked... they don't feel they should have to pay for being "trapped" into a ticket/tow and are awaiting my "resolution" on the matter.

Legally parked?

Yes, they INSISTED they were legally parked....

Despite the fact that the car had no permit..... the very definition of NOT LEGALLY PARKED.

I had to actually REMIND them of that little fact in my reply, that if they HAD been legally parked, they WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN TICKETED/TOWED...

I'm weeping for humanity, again and it's only Tuesday. On the bright side, they didn't write back, maybe they're afraid I'll trap them again.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

People are remarkable in their willingness to escape the notion that they might have done something wrong.

It's funny though, your customers never seem to get that if they were the upstanding citizens they claim to be, they wouldn't have to deal with having been towed.

People are remarkable. *facepalm*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The nice thing about being a pizza delivery man, we can park just about anywhere. Of course I avoid fire lanes and handicap places, I am not a moron. But I wouldn't be in any of your lots long enough to get towed anyway.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
        The nice thing about being a pizza delivery man, we can park just about anywhere. Of course I avoid fire lanes and handicap places, I am not a moron. But I wouldn't be in any of your lots long enough to get towed anyway.
        one of the advantages of a lit topper
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
          Also very few pizza guys stay parked long enough for most tow trucks to arrive.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Isn't this pretty much the type of reasoning every criminal uses? "If I don't think it's wrong, then it's not wrong!"

I'm not saying people who park illegally are criminals, mind you, just noting that there seems to be a similarity in the reasoning.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Isn't this pretty much the type of reasoning every criminal uses? "If I don't think it's wrong, then it's not wrong!"

I'm not saying people who park illegally are criminals, mind you, just noting that there seems to be a similarity in the reasoning.
              I prefer, "Cop didn't see it? Then I didn't do it."
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                Gotta love George....
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  As Disney's Aladdin put it: "You're only in trouble if you get caught!"
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hey, there's a NEW Mexico!

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    As Disney's Aladdin put it: "You're only in trouble if you get caught!"
                    I'm in trouble!
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Reminds me of someone at the groceryplex the other day who got ticketed, but showed up in time to avoid a tow... I was hanging out on the sidewalk waiting for someone, so I got a little floor show Note that there were empty parking spots near enough to said car to be visible from where I was standing.

Parked in fire lane, smallish stripmall (grocery store and 2 other places), in a place where there is almost ALWAYS a cop car on duty. The cop was even fair, he pulled up behind the empty car and actually just sat there for 5 minutes in his nice air conditioned car just to give them a chance to get away with a warning. Cop called them in, left ticket, went off to patrol/check for other idiots. Dude came out less than five minutes later and beat feet before the wrecker could get there.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X