This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a Little Irk from Today

So, I'm pretty sure I sprained my thumb. Don't ask me how, because I have no recollection of falling. I just noticed the pain the other day and it has started swelling and hurting something fierce.

The best course of action is to go to my doctor. I posted something awhile back about how mean my doctor was, so you can understand my hesitation about going back there.

I decided to try one of those retail clinics that my insurance is pushing us to use. I checked the chart of injuries that they treat. Oh hey, look! They treat sprains (ankles, knee). I called the toll free number and the customer service lady assured me that they treat thumbs too. Cool!

Tra la la, off to retail clinic I go. I get there, sign in and wait the whole 2 seconds it took for the PA to get me. I sit down on the comfy bed and start explaining my issue (with my thumb at least ).

Guess what?

They don't treat thumb sprains. She wouldn't even look at my thumb, because she didn't want me to waste my copay. She was incredibly nice and suggested the best place to go which turned out to be...my doctor! (She didn't know who my GP is and suggested that practice since they have a walk in clinic)

I'm a little irked, because the closest clinic was not all that close which meant making a special trip there after work. I'll live, I guess...

That's so annoying when they say they treat something and they don't. We have something here called ZoomCare which is supposed to be kinda in between a dr office and an urgent care clinic. Same day appointments but not super urgent or needing a hospital. I haven't tried those yet so I don't know how good they are or what all they do.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

After doing my research on the Minute Clinics, they seem to be worth while. They're for basic care that can be handled by a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor. So, I could have gone to see them when I had bronchitis or something like that.

I checked with my insurance and I found a really awesome family practitioner that's in the same town as me, so I'm going to try them out.

Quick google search on ZoomCare. A Skype call if you're not sick enough to come in? How freaking cool is that! We need something like that over here!

Comment

Working...
      X