This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I am not making an answer up to placate you

Background: Last week there was a promotion running for web orders--and of course many people who saw it couldn't be bothered to read the details on the offer.

Me: Thank you for calling Pink Flamingo Mascot, this is Deevil how can I help you?
    Caller: Yeah, I placed an order on the web last night, and I was supposed to get free shipping and a ten dollar card. I got the free shipping, but I never got the gift card in my email.
    Me:And do you have the promotional code you used on that offer? (I already know that code, but have all callers provide the code they are using before answering questions)
    Caller: *promo code*
    Me:Alright, that offer was for free standard ground shipping and also a $10 e-card for orders over fifty-nine dollars. Was your order at least $59?
    Caller:Yes it was
    Me:So then you will be receiving that gift card to the email address you provided when you placed the order in the next two weeks. If you haven't received it by then, give us a call back and we will look in to what is going on.
    Caller: TWO WEEKS??
    Me:Yes
    Caller: Are you sure?
    Me:Yes, the email certificates on that offer are sent out within two weeks of the order being placed.
    Caller:If you don't know, just say you don't know and get me to somebody who would know when I am getting it. Don't just make something up.
    Me (having by this time pulled up the inhouse communication message that has a screen shot of the details for the offer):If you were to click on the banner ad for that offer, it says "Order $59 or more and a free $10 promotional eGift card will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of your order."
    Caller:Well I didn't see that on there. <click>

Yes, I understand that you missed that in the details....many people do skim over offer details, but why accuse me of making stuff up? If I don't know the answer I am going to get you over to customer service...a 30 second call is better for my average handle time than spending three minutes explaining the details that you coulda/shoulda read when you were placing that order.

That's the "Entitlement whore/only reads what they want to"...right there.

Comment

I would have called him right back after he hung up on you to reiterate, then starting asking HIM, "Are you sure? It sounds like we got cut off..."

Comment

That sounds lilke the internet-only promotion we have running at the moment. IF you order/purchase a specific box deal on-line, you can get a free 2-liter of soda.

Now there is a 2-fold problem.

1. People look deals up on-line and then CALL the store to try and get those deals. NOPE a LOT of the on-line deals are ONLY available ON-LINE. we at the store level do NOT have access to the promo codes needed for said deals.

Solution: ORDER on-line the next time as we told you before.

2. People see the commercial for the box deal on TV. Now the ad does say you can get a free 2-liter when you order the box deal ON-LINE. The print (meaning the words on the screen) in the ad are very clear and specific. but then I know where I am posting so I know people only see the world FREE something and go ape-shit.

Solution: think waaaayyyyyy back to when you were 5 - 7 years old and remember that thing the teacher was trying to teach you in school: READING WHOLE SENTENCES and understand what the works ACTUALLY mean and comprehending the words together forming a coherient sentence and thought.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I almost went with that deal last weekend, but ended up with just pasta, instead.

Either way, why would anyone want to call the store up after they've already visited the website? That just makes no sense to me whatsoever, as you're just doing the same thing twice, and the calling takes more effort, too.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can -sort of- understand that...because we have to do it when ordering from a certain pizza place here. Because we live close enough to the middle of nowhere to see it, the website doesn't show delivery as possible. However, the location nearest to us DOES deliver...if you order by phone. So we go to the website to decide what we want, then call it in.

Of course, we don't expect online only deals or anything to be honored that way :P

Comment

Ok. Irregularities with location and the site not allowing delivery orders to be placed counts.

However, I might suggest you try setting up the order online for take-out, then call the store to change it to delivery. I'm not sure that would necessarily work, but it might be worth a shot to take advantage of some of those web-only discounts.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Either way, why would anyone want to call the store up after they've already visited the website? That just makes no sense to me whatsoever, as you're just doing the same thing twice, and the calling takes more effort, too.
                Most common reasons I have heard/know of are:
                • Don't want to use/trust credit card info over the internet.
                • Can't figure out how to get the billing address they are imputing to match what their credit card has on file or having technical trouble online
                • Can't find what they wanted online (usually because the item is out of stock) or have a question about the item before they order
                • Prefer to speak to a human
                • Have an account set up that they are not allowed to order online (account for like a school or church where they are billed instead of paying with a credit card)
                • Know that if their orders is placed over the phone it often qualifes to add one or two additional items at a 15% discount

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
                  That's the "Entitlement whore/only reads what they want to"...right there.
                  So...selective aliteracy?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
                    Most common reasons I have heard/know of are:
                    • Don't want to use/trust credit card info over the internet.
                    • Can't figure out how to get the billing address they are imputing to match what their credit card has on file or having technical trouble online
                    • Can't find what they wanted online (usually because the item is out of stock) or have a question about the item before they order
                    • Prefer to speak to a human
                    • Have an account set up that they are not allowed to order online (account for like a school or church where they are billed instead of paying with a credit card)
                    • Know that if their orders is placed over the phone it often qualifes to add one or two additional items at a 15% discount
                    The one thing about ordering pizza over the internet (at least at the big pizza companies) is you do NOT have to prepay for the order with a CC.

Even some of the smaller regional company's on-line ordering systems allow for cash payment at the door.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

How unbelievably rude to call someone a liar.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        How unbelievably rude to call someone a liar.
                        Well, unless they really are, of course.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                        X