This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Stop Jerk

Not sure where to put this, as he wasn't a customer of any sort. Mods, please move as you see fit.

BG: My university operates a shuttle service, and one of the lines has a stop half a mile from my house. It runs from that point to the other side of campus, almost two miles further down the road, and since that side of campus is where my beloved College of Arts and Letters is located, the shuttle is very helpful.

Further BG: I suffer from chronic weakness in my right ankle. Three weeks ago I sprained it yet again and am still recovering from it, which makes my right leg extremely sensitive to any type of pressure. So, although I would normally walk the two miles to school and then another two miles home again, lately I have been taking the shuttle.

Enter the Dog-Walking Asshat.

I was waiting at the shuttle stop when Mr Holier Than Thou came strolling by with his dog. Now granted, I am a curvy girl and it shows, but I haven't owned a car in five years, I walk pretty much everywhere I go, and according to my doctor I am in excellent health, aside from the chronic problems with my ankle.

Nonetheless, Lord God I'm So Fit felt it necessary to look me over, sneer, and say, "I can't believe you're waiting for the bus. I mean, the school's right there. You should get some exercise."

You know what, Mr Asshat? The school is not "just right there." The closest building is a mile away, and the building I'm going to is two miles away.

Know what else? Three weeks ago I sprained my ankle, and even though it's healing, walking is still very much not The Fun.

And finally? My exercise routine is none of your mother-loving business. Bite me.

Ohhhh, that kind of idiot would make me blow my top! "First of all, asshat, it's none of your g*ddamn business. Second, when my ankle heals I will be able to walk the two miles again, but you, unfortunately, will always be an asshole."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Wow.

I'd be tempted to misquote Winston Churchill: "Why, yes, I am carrying a few extra pounds. But over time I can lose them, while you will still be a pompous twit."

At least you're not related to him, by blood or marriage. Gotta look on the bright side.

Comment

"And who are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do? I don't see any commandment that says Thou Shalt Exercise."
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I believe Miss Manners had this response:

Immediately apologize gushingly, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I've drawn a blank. It's been so long. Where did we meet, again?"

The other person responds that you haven't met.

Your reply, "Oh, I see. You made such a personal comment that I assumed we were well-acquainted/close friends."
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            I believe Miss Manners had this response:

Immediately apologize gushingly, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I've drawn a blank. It's been so long. Where did we meet, again?"

The other person responds that you haven't met.

Your reply, "Oh, I see. You made such a personal comment that I assumed we were well-acquainted/close friends."
            I need to remember that one . . . even though in my neck of the woods it would go over these morons' heads.

Stuff like that just irks me to no end. Whatever gave some people the right to just walk up to a random stranger and start telling them what they think that person should/shouldn't do? In what universe is this okay?

Reason I ask is because in my universe, somebody's getting an ass-whooping.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"Mom? Mom you look terrible! When did you get a dog? And a beard?"
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                That's funny!

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                  Though the dog looks right uncomfortable glued to your chin. Maybe you could stop drooling on it?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I hope you said that to his face.

Comment

I hope you said that to his face.
                      He and his dog (which, BTW, was noticeably overweight) walked away before I had a chance to come up with anything Witty and Clever. I so wanted to lay into him, too.

Comment

I saw an Arnold Rimmer at the Waterfront bus stop near Granville Island. Made me get off the bus so that he could take his child's stroller off, and told me it would make his life much easier.

My friend got shoved by a woman getting off of a bus. Almost caused her [my friend] to land on top of an elderly person, which almost caused them both to fall off the bus.
                        Last edited by The Hurting; 11-14-2012, 01:12 AM.
                        "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
                          I saw an Arnold Rimmer at the Waterfront bus stop near Granville Island. Made me get off the bus so that he could take his child's stroller off, and told me it would make his life much easier.

My friend got shoved by a woman getting off of a bus. Almost caused her [my friend] to land on top of an elderly person, which almost caused them both to fall off the bus.
                          Looks like a case of "noun vs. verb" confusion, where the verb form is more desirable than the noun form (cf. "Wesley Crusher" on ST:NG) - with "Arnold" being the pig from Green Acres, and "Rimmer" meaning "someone who rims" (in the sexual sense of "rimming").
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I was with my friend on the Canada Line, when I saw two women with child strollers (2 kids between them) hogging the priority seating, which does not cover people with child strollers. I'd like to figure out how they were able to move their huge kiddy strollers off a 6-6:30 PM train, because those trains are crowded as hell!
                            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Working...
                            X