This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    ...and things like that are *exactly* why I don't listen to talk radio. Pittsburgh's morning commute "shows" are bad enough. One song per hour--the rest of the time is random DJ chatter about whatever is "news" in Hollywood
    One of the reasons I don't listen to local radio down here either . . . our stations are just as bad.

Even in the evenings it's nauseating . . . and don't get me started on Delilah. . . just ugh.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Even in the evenings it's nauseating . . . and don't get me started on Delilah. . . just ugh.
      I can't stand her. Last year, she went off about how she didn't let her children dress up for Halloween, and how it needed to be "taken back" as a Christian holiday That, and how she drones on and on with callers during the show. Seriously, shut the hell up, and play the damn song already!

Back on topic, we don't get many people looking for bathrooms where I work. Some of it is because the building my company is in looks like an apartment building. No company name on the door (just the number) means that it doesn't look like a business. Plus, if someone really needs to do their business, there's a dive bar on the corner, a "Square L" on the opposite corner...or the alley between the Square L and the crackhouse.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Some states require that 'rest stops' must always be open, to provide coffee to drivers, but even then we weren't required to provide bathrooms, just drive thru access- you could stop at a state maintained bathroom stop, or just hold it until you got to civilization. It's pretty basic security not to let people in to the one-manned store at o'dark hundred.

Comment

One of the reasons I don't listen to local radio down here either . . . our stations are just as bad.

OY... I had to work in an office full of women and they would either put on Delilah or John Tesh in the evenings. Between that and the morning shift listening to the "All Christmas, all the time" in the mornings in december, I was going batty. It got to the point that I would rather listen to static on the CB or radio chatter from the yard mules instead of any music.

Comment

Quoth suburbandecay View Post
            It got to the point that I would rather listen to static on the CB or radio chatter from the yard mules instead of any music.
            I would think that the convos on the CB would be more entertaining.

10-4 Good Buddy.

Now I'm wishing we still had that base station Mom had back when I was a kid (late 70's/early 80's.) Fun times.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Here we have a "Restroom Access Law" where businesses must allow people with certain medical conditions the use of their private restroom if no public one is available. However, in most states with this law including WA State, the person in question must provide a special doctor's note. So far, I've never had anyone produce a doctor's note that would require me to let them use ours.

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
              I was quite surprised the other day, actually, coming back from New York State and stopping at an 8-12 (minus one) store for coffee and the bathroom. I asked the cashier if there was a bathroom and she said "through the double doors". The doors in question were to The Back, where I saw boxes of flavour syrup and milk crates and stuff, and the bathroom itself turned out to have the mop bucket drain in it as well as a toilet and sink. It was clearly not meant for customers, yet she just pointed me to it with no problem.
              That happened to me once. On my first road trip to meet my now-husband, I pulled off in Olympia to try and find a golden arches to use their restroom. I got lost and ended up at a Safeway instead. They directed me to a bathroom in The Back. It was just a tiny bathroom that clearly doubled as a cleaning supply closet. It felt really awkward, but that's where I was directed by the cashier, and none of the employees even batted an eye at me back there. I did make sure to make a purchase on my way out.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I would think that the convos on the CB would be more entertaining.

10-4 Good Buddy.

Now I'm wishing we still had that base station Mom had back when I was a kid (late 70's/early 80's.) Fun times.
                One thing you might not know (was drilled into the class at truck school) - "Good Buddy" does NOT have the same meaning now that it did back during the CB craze of the '70s. The current generic way of addressing someone on the CB is "Driver" - "Good Buddy" now means that someone is a member of a minority group only eligible to get married in a small number of states. Don't want you to accidentally offend someone.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  "Good Buddy" does NOT have the same meaning now that it did back during the CB craze of the '70s...
                  "Frens iz frenz an palz iz palz, but gud buddyz sleeps togithir, an I ain't yer gud buddy."
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X